5 | Welcome to the Never Ending Story

Start from the beginning

Why was this conversation currently happening?

Forcing the brightness aside, I opened my eyes, slowly at first. But instead of being met with the ceiling, all I saw was Sophie—well, actually, her double chin. This angle was beautiful, with her looking at someone on the other side of the room, head tilted up, with her cross-legged next to me.

I must have made some sort of sound because suddenly, Sophie snapped her head to the ground, where I was currently laying on. "Hey," she grinned, flashing her white teeth. But I couldn't help but look into her eyes. Although we both had green eyes, hers differed in shade which looked so well on her golden, tan skin. "Thought you'd never wake up."

"Well, I'm up," I mumbled with dryness as I lifted my weak limbs—starting with my arms. I pressed the palms of my hands against the carpeted ground myself and the girls slept on before pushing myself up.

Once I was leaning back against the couch, I looked around my surroundings. Sophie was still next to me, in a tee-shirt and underwear with her hair in a full bun on top of her head. On my left, however, I first noticed the coffee table we pushed away, giving all of us enough space to be on the carpet in the living room together.

After looking away from the table, I found Karen, Maddie and Angie lying on one another. It was hard to see who's leg was overlapped with who's, but after focusing more on their strange position, I noticed that Maddie was on the bottom, stomach pressed against the floor with Angie on top of her diagonally, so that the first thing I saw of her was her ass in my direction. Karen, however, was vertical, and when I saw one of her breasts out of her tank top, near Angie's face, I remembered their conversation moments before.

Rubbing my face with one hand, I used the other to point at their awkward position. "How did that happen?" I yawned, bringing all their attention toward me.

After the club, we found ourselves Ubering to Sophie's place, were we continued drinking while watching parodies of horror movies. But halfway through the movie, I stopped myself from drinking and began to hydrate myself, so a hangover wouldn't greet me the next morning.

I don't exactly remember how I fell asleep, but I wasn't surprised that the five of us passed out on the grey, fluffy carpet in front of the couch. It wasn't bad, actually.

"Maddie wouldn't get up, so Angie jumped on her to wake up. Then Karen did it and... yeah," Sophie chuckled by the end, shaking her head. "It was pretty amusing."

Then she playfully narrowed her eyes on Maddie. "By the way, cute isn't a good term to call guys. They hate that stuff."

"How do you know?" She said quickly, only to frown when she saw Sophie's raised eyebrows and quirked lip.

There was a sudden, awkward silence after that. Looking at all the girls and realizing after a few moments that they wouldn't start talking, I focused on Sophie. "Who's she talking about?" I asked, not that I really cared. I just needed the silence to be gone.

She responded with a grin, just as I noticed in the corner of my eye, Maddie's body jerking—well, as much as it could, being below two females. "One of my regulars," Sophie explained when my eyes focused back to her. "When Maddie visited a while back, she saw him and liked what she saw."

"Have I seen him around?" I asked, furrowing my brows before she shrugged.

"Not sure, he sits on the other side of the diner," she explained, smirking. "The man is hot, though."

The term, hot, instantly brought my mind to handle guy, since he was hot. But that wasn't a strong enough description of him—gorgeous, maybe. Dark, brooding, handsome. "Do you know the guy that usually sits in my section?" I found myself asking, but when I noticed everyone's curious stares, I further explained. "He sits by the back, near the hall that leads to Darius' office and the bathrooms."