Red Bull

It was one o'clock in the morning when Dean heard a noise in the silent bunker and crept stealthily out of bed to investigate. As it happened, he was very surprised to find a jittery Castiel staggering around in the kitchen. Around his feet were countless empty drink cans.

"Cas?" His voice, though it was a whisper, sounded as loud as a yell in the quiet room and Cas jumped jerkily, crushing a few of the metal cylinders beneath his feet.

"Cas, what the hell you doin' here, man?! I'm really sorry, buddy, but when I told you that you couldn't stay here, I meant it." Dean was confused. Why had Cas come back!? He needed to leave quickly...before Ezekiel found him.

Castiel, seeming not to hear Dean at all, looked about him, as if bewildered at how he had got there. His movements were jerky and uncoordinated as he attempted to navigate his way over.

"Dean, I-" Cas tried to speak, but suddenly jerked to a halt, swaying on his feet before crumpling to the ground. Deans eyes widened as he fell and the hunter rushed forward, catching him and lowering Castiel to the floor.

"Woah, woah! Cas, it's ok, I got you." Dean put his arm protectively around Cas' shoulders and tipped his head up to look in his eyes. "You ok there, Sherlock? Not a good time to fall, huh...Could've cut yourself pretty bad on these dumbass tin cans...What are these by the way?!"

Dean looked closer at the empty drinks cans and managed, in the dim light of the kitchen, to make out the label. It was Red Bull.
He looked back at Cas, who was staring at him with eyes.

"Why'd you drink all these Cas? You know you're not an angel any more, you're gonna get ill!"

Cas smiled lazily at Dean, obviously not with it at all. He reached over and clumsily patted Dean's cheek.

"It's ok, Dean... I'm gonna be ok."

Dean rolled his eyes exasperatedly, quickly getting annoyed with the slowness of the conversation.

"No, you're not Cas! You are a stupid son of a bitch, you know better! Why'd you do it, huh?!"

It was then that Dean saw a cold flash of pain cross Castiel's face as he slumped into Dean's arms; whispering softly into the darkness in a voice so defeated it broke Dean's heart.

"It promised, Dean... The box said it would give me wings..."

*A/N

Yep, I'm still alive :)

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. Comment any prompts or suggestions and I'll be happy to write them when I can.*