Let Me See Your Wings

(A/N, ok I wrote this all the way through my German class so you should be grateful!!! Hahahahah JK, it meant I didn't have to do any woooooorrrk, so thanks 😊 This is just a little fluffy cute one buuuut if you fancy a smutty version of this, please just ask 😜...anyways enjooooooy)

Dean was worried about Cas....

He barely saw him anymore...well, it wasn't like he saw him much before, but...now that Castiel was human, and living with them for gods sake, Dean had thought that he would see more of him.

But no...

Cas would just stay shut up, alone, in his darkened room in the bunker.
Dean and Sam had no idea what he would do all day, but sometimes, late at night, Dean would walk past the locked door to his room and hear muffled sobbing through the thick wood. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't talk, he wouldn't come out.

The hunters knew that Castiel would take losing his grace hard, but not one of them could have predicted this!

The ex-angel was falling apart.
And Dean couldn't take it anymore; Castiel had fallen far enough.

"CAS!!" Dean called through the keyhole of his room, while banging on the door aggressively with his fist

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH DUDE!! JUST....just come out Cas...please." Dean's voice softened as he neared the end, he just wanted to see him.

It had been weeks since Castiel had spoken to them...at least before that, he would at least let them know he was okay by talking to Sam or Dean through the key hole...but then...Cas had just closed up.
Dean didn't know why...but Castiel hadn't spoken since.

Dean missed Cas's voice.
Dean missed his innocence, his purity
Dean even missed Castiel's awkwardness

But most of all, Dean just missed Cas.

His presence...how Dean could always tell when Castiel was there; like a guardian angel, watching over him, keeping him safe
His silly trenchcoat and wonky blue tie
His icy blue eyes; the way they looked at Dean when he was confused or scared, always making him smile
And Dean missed His and the ex-angel's relationship...They were best friends...Castiel was the best friend the hunter had ever known.

Cas had always looked out for him, always came to Dean's aid, always was just...there, by his side, no matter what.

It was time for Dean to repay the favour.

"CAS!!!" Dean began again

"Dude, I just want to talk ok"

Silence

"This is unhealthy man" Dean spoke, exasperatedly

"you need food, you...you need sleep, Drink...you're human now Cas and you'd better start accepting it...So get your stupid assbutt out here now or I swear to god I will kick this friggin door down ok?" Dean threatened

A shuffle, then a creak, as if someone had just vacated the bed.

Dean's, breath caught in his throat...was Cas finally going to come out?

"GO AWAY, DEAN" Castiel yelled through the key hole. Dean jumped back in surprise, not having heard any footsteps before Cas had reached the door.

"Jesus Cas, don't friggin do that!!!" Dean was annoyed and wanted nothing else than to leave Cas to it and just go buy some pecan pie...hmmm Dean loved him some pie.

"I am not Jesus, Dean, I am merely Castiel, you should know that by now..." the ex-angel said hesitantly

*sigh* Cas was confused...again.