Soulmates

According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs and a head with two faces. Zeus, fearing their power, split them into two parts; taking away their vision of colour and condemning them to spend their lives searching for their other half. Most do not succeed, for soul mates are scattered far and wide across the globe. Many will never even meet; living their whole lives in a veil of black and white.
However, for that very rare few, happiness can be found when two hearts, by accident and complete chance, find each other. They are then destined to spend the remainder of their years together unless they wish for their world, once again, to become dark.

Dean Winchester, a young supernatural hunter, had more reason than most to believe this myth. Not because he, himself, had experienced it before, but because many myths and legends he and his brother, Sam, had unearthed over the years, had turned out to be true. However, it was much harder to prove when no one alive in America even knew the concept of 'colour'. It was impossible. The mind literally could not accept it. But, as Dean stared in amazement and terror about the old barn, he guessed it would look a lot like this.

Gasping out loud, Dean watched as the dagger was dragged out of the strange man- demon- whatever the hell was in front of him, and was dropped, clattering, to the floor.
Before Dean could even react, still blinking and with head still spinning by the sudden flood of light- Brightness, Colour- into the usually grey world, he saw Bobby loom behind the trench-coated stranger and attempt to plough down a strong leaden pipe onto his head. Dean was rooted to the ground and could do nothing as he watched in dismay as the stranger touched the older man's head and Bobby dropped, sagging, to the floor; just like the knife.

"WHAT THE- who the hell are you?!" He yelled "What the hell is happening? Are you doing this? Son of a bitch..." Dean babbled confusedly, eyes flitting restlessly over everything; brain not quite being able to take in the new dimension added to his world.

"He's just sleeping..."

The man said nothing else for a while, staring around, imitating Dean's movements; obviously as confused as he was.

"OI!" The hunter snapped his fingers at the man standing before him, flinching at the strange colour of his hands "What the hell is going on!? What have you done to... Everything..." He finally turned, wide eyes staring horrified at Dean.

"My apologies, Dean. I-This- this was not supposed to happen. My name is Castiel, I am an angel of The Lord and I have done nothing to your sight. It is happening to me also." His voice cut through the night, deep and gravelly, but almost emotionless. However, listening carefully, Dean could detect a nervous edge.

Wait a second. Did he just say Angel?

"You've gotta be kidding me, Angels?" Dean scoffed. "That's just fan-friggin-tastic! Hey dude, no offence, but Angels aren't friggin' real!" He spluttered. "And Whatever" he gestured wildly around him "'this' is, it's probably your fault, and you're gonna fix it else you'll find yourself with salt shoved so far up your ass-." 

Dean's rant was cut short suddenly by a swift motion from the man- angel- whatever! He had effortlessly took all the breath out of Dean's lungs, making it impossibly to speak. The man standing before him looked Dean over, not a flicker of emotion in his eyes. The hunter clutched his throat, gesticulating wildly and the figure in front of him merely rolled his eyes in exasperation and allowed Dean to breath once more. 

"What the f-!"

But with one glance from the 'angel' Dean became silent, and just glowered. The stranger had not done anything this time, but the stony glare was a clear warning.

"As I was saying" the gravelly voice continued as if there had been no interruption. "This is not part of the original plan, nor is it something I have consciously caused."

 Dean groaned, swore and covered his eyes with his rough hands. This was not happening. He could not deal with any more craziness that day. He shut his eyes tight, trying to block out the brightness that was beginning to hurt his eyes.

"Oh Jesus Christ" he breathed. 

A little cough from the stranger brought him back to earth. "No. As I said before, my name is Castiel and I believe I may know what this all means..."

Suddenly, a distant memory of a lore Sam had once told him about Greek gods and others half's floated hazily to the forefront of Dean's mind. He looked up at the man standing before him, taking in the piercing eyes that now matched his tie in a cold vibrant shade. Something clicked. 

Oh god. Oh god no. 

Castiel could clearly see the sudden understanding in the hunters eyes.

"Son of a bitch!"

A/N this draft was basically finished anyways so here ya go