I'll Catch You When You Fall

Seven year old Dean was sat on a creaking swing, slowly drifting his legs backwards and forwards, scuffing the ripped toe of his trainers on the gritty Tarmac.
The playground was deserted.
The little boy was completely alone.

He looked slowly around, sighing, a cold breeze lifting the golden hair from the small boys face.
The sky was grey, rumbling clouds covering the weak, fall sun.

Dean looked down and checked the time on a chunky watch attached to his chubby wrist; seemingly waiting for something.

A harsh breeze whipped the boys hair, stronger than before.
And a faint rustling sound whipped through the air, as if that of feathers swooping,

Dean's pudgy face broke into a smile, looking delightedly at the ground, purposefully away from the sound, waiting for...

"Hello, Dean"

A small voice piped up next to him.

Dean giggled happily and turned to the little boy speaking...the angel.

"Hello, Castiel"

The other boy, the one who had just appeared from thin air, was shorter than Dean, with ruffled, dark hair, and wide, icy blue eyes; a cheeky smile etched on his chubby face.
He wore a small beige trench coat, over a cutely wonky blue tie and a white shirt.

"Where have you been, Cas?"

Asked Dean, wondering why his friend was late for their play date...Had he got something important to do...upstairs?

Castiel's face fell, and he scrunched it up in an attempt to stop tears falling on his rosy cheeks, slumping down on the swing next to Dean.

"Daddy didn't want me to see you again...he said it's not good..."

He kicked the ground slightly in annoyance

"but I love seeing you Dean..."

He added hopefully, looking into his friends green eyes with his sparkling blue ones.

"I love seeing you too Cassie...you're my best friend...we're a team you and me...and little Sammy"

He smiled then, remembering the game they played the last time they met...

"team free will..that's us...me, you and Sammy!"

A small smile flickered onto the face of the little angel next to him, but disappeared quickly...

"Dean...Daddy took away my wings...he said if I wanted to see you again I could, but I would be grounded on earth for a week."

Dean was upset...
He knew how much Cas loved his daddy, and didn't like to let him down.

The little boy reached over and flung his arm around Castiel's shoulder, smiling at him.

"Don't worry Cassie, you can stay with me and Sam...we can have soooo much fun together.
We can play EVERY DAY and you won't ever have to leave...until next week"

Cas snuggled into his friends arm and grinned at the ground, thinking about all the games he and Dean could play...a week was a loooong time.
Dean carried on, making sure Cassie would be as happy as possible.

"And you won't even miss your wings Cas!! We can swing!"

With that, the little green-eyes boy let go of his angel, pushed off the Tarmac, and began leaning backwards and forwards, kicking into the air.
He got higher and higher, staring up into the grey sky, stomach jolting, yelling with delight, and calling to the hesitant angel looking up at him

"Come ON Castiel, it's FUUUN!!"

Cas giggled nervously and tried to copy Dean's movements, slowly catching him up, swooping through the air, wind whistling in his face, grinning over at him as they swung high up into the sky.

"Dean! Dean I'm FLYYING!!!"

Dean giggled a the angel, who was looking, awed, into the sky.

Time then seemed to slow down as the swings began to move next to each other, at the same time.
Cas and Dean stared, grinning, into each other's eyes.
Forest green into ocean blue.

Dean laughed, let go of the chain, and reached his right hand over to Castiel.
Castiel in turn, nervously stretched his left hand from the swing chain, grasping onto Dean's hand as they swung, smiling contentedly at each other.

The two little boys were now swinging as high as they could.
Castiel let Dean's hand go, smirking mischievously at his friend

"I bet I can jump from here!"

Dean's smile faded as he shook his head at Cas.

"No, Cas...not from up here, it's really-CASSIEEE!!.

Castiel had already leapt off the seat of the swing, into the air.
He seemed to be suspended in front of Dean for a split second, laughter in his eyes, before he plunged towards the ground, landing flat on the Tarmac, hard.

Dean screamed, digging his heels into the gritty ground, ripping his sneakers further, but not caring one bit, still yelling Cas's name as he jumped the last distance, charging over to his friend who was laying on the ground.

"CASSIE!"

The little boy reached the angel, a few metres away, who was now sitting up, sobbing at the large grazes on his pudgy hands, the side of his cheek.
He knelt by his friend and put an arm around his heaving shoulders

"Cassie! Cas? Are you ok?!"

Castiel looked up at Dean, his pale cheeks stained with tears and blood, nodding bravely, not wanting to make a fuss.

Dean got up and pulled Cas with him, holding him up with his arms around the angels shoulder and waist.
He smiled comfortingly at Cas and adopted a low, heroic voice, playing a game to cheer Cas up

"Do not worry Castiel, for I, Dean Winchester, will save you from the pain!"

Cas grinned, playing along, mocked an exaggerated faint, and replied in a deep gravelly voice, like Dean's, but slightly lower.

"Please Dean, I am in SO much pain, I, an angel of The Lord, am not used to feeling this! You MUST help me!"

The two seven year olds caught each other's eye,and dissolved into fits of laughter.
But Cas fell to the ground again, and his smarting cuts stung, stones getting into the wounds, causing his pure blue eyes to tear up once more.

Dean comforted Cas, in his normal high voice this time, saying

"It's ok Cas, I'll take you home, I can look after you myself..."

The small boy suddenly had a thought, remembering what his mother used to do when he fell and cut himself.
He brought Castiel's hand to his lips, whispering

"here Cassie...I'll kiss it better..."

Dean pecked his friends palm softly, then looked up at Cas, who was smiling happily at him.
He then leant forwards hesitantly, blushing warmly, kissing Castiel's hurt cheek with his pink lips, bringing his best friend into a hug.

"Thank you Dean...I love you.." Cas whispered into Dean's neck.

The green-eyed little boy smiled into Castiel's hair and replied innocently

"I love you too Cassie...I'll always be here to catch you when you fall...."

(A/N

That was my first kid!Dean and kid!Cas....(you can probably tell by how TERRIBLE it was)

But I hope it wasn't too painful to live through...but reading back it really is...

Oh well...there's a first time for everything...

byyee)