Chapter 83

July 4, 2018 - Turks and Caicos

White sand beaches and coastal waters, bikinis and beers, Fourth of July was a welcome break from crazy tour schedules and sleeping on airplanes. It was their official honeymoon, even though it was months after they had gotten married.

In Turks and Caicos, a small resort where the girls had booked a few day trip months beforehand, Taylor and Grace were sitting on some chairs under an umbrella, Grace with a book in hand and Taylor with just her drink and phone.

"How many pages do you have left of your chapter?"

"Three," Grace replied softly without looking up.

"Do you wanna go swimming when you're done?"

"Above the neck. You left too many hickeys last night."

The blonde chuckled, "I'm not even sorry."

"I know you aren't."

Once she was finished her last page the brunette stood up, holding her hand out for her wife to take. They brought both their drinks with them, standing in the crystal clear waters and looking down, Grace screamed, "There's a huge fish right there!"

She clung onto Taylor although the older girl laughed at her, "It's a tiny little fish, babes."

"What if it's a piranha?" Grace said with fear while she climbed onto Taylor's back, trying to avoid the fish no bigger than her palm.

"I don't know what it is but it's not a piranha, they are freshwater fish and this is salt water. I didn't know you were scared of fish."

"Maybe I'm not afraid of fish and I just wanted a piggy-back ride, hmm?" Grace asked as she rested her head on the singer's shoulder, carefully holding her beer out of the water.

"Then you would've climbed on without screaming," Taylor retorted with a dry laugh, using her free hand to grab Grace's arm to keep her from slipping off.

They watched the fish swim around Taylor's legs before going away, Grace finally getting down and standing with her own legs in the water, "So I might be a little bit afraid of fish."

"No kidding!" The blonde smiled, pulling her drink to her lips and taking a slow sip, "I'm going to go get the snorkels from by the chairs, you done with your beer?"

The heiress nodded and handed it over, looking down and seeing the fish return, "Hurry! The shark is back!"

Taylor rolled her eyes with her back turned to the younger girl, returning a moment later with the gear so they could get a better look at the seashells and minnows in the water. She helped Grace put it on, making a funny face so she could hear Grace laugh through the tube.

"Okay," Taylor said before she put her own snorkel on, "If we see a sea urchin while using these things, run."

Grace pulled the snorkel out of the mouth and replied, "Don't run next to the sea urchin, step carefully, it won't chase you. Only run if there's one of those little shark assholes."

"Gracie, they aren't sharks. That fish was so small and harmless."

"And when they bite your leg off, I'll remember you said they were harmless."

Fed up with the conversation, Taylor grabbed onto the mouth piece of the heiress' snorkel and pushed it into her mouth to shut her up, an adoring smile accompanying it so she wouldn't end up in trouble.

Grace crinkled her eyebrows up to show her disapproval, making the blonde laugh slightly and kiss her cheek. It was slightly bulged out because of the plastic piece in her mouth, making her look a little bit like a squirrel before winter trying to collect acorns.