He will return.

(how yall been during quarantine, ive gotten back into writing again, just a quick chapter as an "Im not dead" update.)

a few months after the battle at beacon academy, the world is still recovering from the toll it ook. even though an entire acedemy was lost to the monters of grimm, humanity had a monster of their own. the legend of the slayer had quickly spread through the world along with the footage captured by the drone. almost everyone now knew of the Doom Slayer. as much as the world hoped for his return, he hasn't been spotted since. only a few "Slayer sightings" have been reported but none would be confirmed. until now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A family is having a picnick in an open grass field, surrounded by a forest, with only a single tree in the middle of the field. A husband and wife are sitting beneath the tree as their daughter is playing in the field, happily skipping through the grass.

"Isn't it dangerous to go out this far from the city hun?"

"Normally yes, but i mean, the grimm threat has plummeted since beacon, we havent seen a single one in months, this shouldnt be too risky."

"You're probably right, but i still don't feel comfortable out here."

"Just relax and enjoy the moment, this is probably the only time we're going to be able to go out this far."

The woman looks at her daughter in the field and sees how much fun she's having.

"Yeah i guess you're right. i trust you."

about 10 minutes later the daughter joins her parents under the tree for lunch. just spening time together with not a care in the world.

the winds are blowing through the trees creating a faint backround noise, however. it keeps getting louder. the grounds starts faintly shaking. wich is slowly turning into a violent rumble.

"daddy whats happening?" the girl seems completely oblivious. and asks whats going on.

"Nothing sweetie, juist come here for a moment and stay with mommy." The mother clamps her daughter between her arms as the father starts walking out into the field, towards the source of all the rumbling.

suddenly, a goliath violently burst out of the forest, running full speed towards the man. 

"Daddy look out!" the daughter screams in horror as her father is about to get squached.

however, as soon as it reaches him, completely ignores him and starts running towards his family, however, hes not running towards his prey, hes running from a predator. 

at tremendous speeds, a man erupts from the from densely grown treeline and catches up to the goliath, he jumps on its back, punches it into the back of its head, sending its face straight into the ground, tipping it over onto its back, the man walks toward the incapacitated goliath and finishes it off by ramming an arm mounted blade into its head, instantly killing it. its body lay mere feet from the mother and daughter.

the family is staring in awe, they are standing before the legendary doomslayer. the daughter gets up from her mothers arms and walks towards the slayer. 

"Thank you for saving us from that monster, mister!"

the slayer turns around to see the little girl, who is showing no fear, or withdrawal, just childish curiosity, differing from her parents who are speechless in the backround, just staring.

the slayer gets down on one knee.

VEGA:"The monsters are gone, little one, you are safe now, go on and enjoy your day." 

"Alright mister!" the girl hops back to her parents and tells them that they're safe. before they get the chance to thank the slayer, he dissapears back into the forest, leaving only the goliaths corpse, slowly fading away. 

once the slayer is back in his cave, his new sacntuary, he takes off his helmet and takes out a photograph, hidden in the corner of his visor. its the picture velvet took of the kiss between him and yang.

"i WILL return."

testamentum ex ferro et cor aurea