The Details in the Deal

Start from the beginning

Kara sensed the same thing and smiled. "I'll keep an ear out but I don't think you're going to need it." With a final smile from the blonde superhero Lexa had everyone ready to enter the clearing.

Lexa

Arkadia didn't look any different, the same guards stood around the fence aiming at them as they entered the clearing and shouted for the attention of Bellamy. The party of five took their time getting to the gate, partially because it made them less of a threat but also because Lexa could see Raven struggling.

Bellamy approached the gate at the same time they did, making some of the guards lower their guns and others get a better grip. "Can we talk?" Clarke echoed Bellamy's words back to him hoping he would extend the same courtesy.

He did. "Just the five of you?"

Lexa stayed quiet and let Clarke talk, trusting that she knew how to get them through the day without another shooting. "The Commander, Octavia and I would like to talk. Raven just wants to work on the radios and grab some stuff with Luna's help." It was a simple request and they weren't lying but they couldn't say why Raven needed to work on the radios before Bellamy accepted the deal completely.

Bellamy's gaze shifted to Raven, who was now trying not to show how much pain she was truly in. "Raven can go alone."

Shocked, Lexa hid her surprise and stared the boy down as Clarke recovered and tried to reason with him. "Come on Bellamy, don't be an ass and let Luna help Raven. Luna isn't a threat, she just wants to help Raven before our stubborn friend decides she doesn't need it."

Looking between Clarke, Raven and Luna, they could practically see the gears turning in his head as he thought about the idea of having a Grounder wandering around camp. "Fine, but if any of my guards see her without Raven by her side she is getting arrested."

It was better than they had anticipated, they figured he would demand someone stand guard outside Raven's tent. An idea that could turn embarrassing for all parties involved if Lexa was right. With a wave of his hand Bellamy got the guards to open the gate.

Everyone was silent as they made their way through the camp to the remains of the Ark, it wasn't something Lexa wanted to stay in for long. The metal floors made it impossible to be silent or gauge where someone was with the echo every step gave off. Inside it was just as bad as she thought, even the tight spaces were already getting to her; how had people lived like this for almost a hundred winters?

Coming to a stop, Bellamy opened up a door to an empty room with a circular table in it. "No one comes in here so we can talk freely." The four of them stood for a moment as Bellamy closed the door behind them, the dull room giving off bleak ideas to how this conversation was going to go.

"Bellamy, I want to express my apology at the loss of your friends, I didn't get the chance earlier and they did not deserve what happened to them." Lexa tried to break the ice, her apology sincere.

Scratching the back of his head, Bellamy nodded to the chairs for them all to sit. "Thank you, but lets not pretend that you care about my friends." She could see it in his eyes, he was hurting and having his 'enemy' apologise before his leader was hard to comprehend. No one could force him to feel what was right, even if he knew this deal was exactly that.

"Of course. The deal that Clarke made yesterday is one I am willing to accept, although we are going to need to talk about the details." Glancing at Clarke, the boy's eyes followed hers to a blank face, one that rivalled Lexa's own in some meetings.

Nodding, Bellamy shuffled in his chair. "What details?"

"Besides the finer details the bigger issue is that of Hannah and Lincoln." Bellamy opened his mouth to interject but Lexa beat him to it. "No deal can erase the fact that Hannah not only shot an Ambassador but also made an attempt on my life, which alone are punishable by death. Her death is not one I can avoid if you want peace."