"At least the hotel walls are thicker than the tents."

A/N - A little bit of a long wait for this chapter, but to be honest my motivation has been non-existent lately and I have struggled to do much writing beyond a few hundred words a day. I hope anyone in Lockdown is staying safe and if you need to talk I'm here if you need someone to just vent to. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and more will be coming.

***

Lexa

The clearing turned quiet, Abby and Marcus silent from their place where Clarke had left them. Lexa moved silently to stand next to the blonde who was staring slack-jawed at the mechanic glaring at her. To say the atmosphere around them was awkward was an understatement. It was palpable, so much so that Lexa contemplated disappearing into the trees around them whilst the two went at each other.

She wasn't the only one, Luna's gaze also glanced at the trees a step or two behind her. Lexa caught her making a step in that direction but stopped her with a glare. If she had to stay, so did she.

Clarke stormed to stand in front of Raven. "That was innocent, unlike many of the noises coming from you last night."

Luna ducked her head, Lexa almost felt sorry for her friend, but she was still trying to understand how sharing a bath with two women was innocent. She trusted Clarke, but that didn't mean that she wasn't curious to know what she was talking about.

Raven laughed. "At least the hotel walls are thicker than the tents. If I have to hear-" She was reduced to a muffled jumble of words as Luna's hand clamped over her mouth. No matter her embarrassment of the situation, the last thing she needed was Lexa killing the mechanic for finishing that sentence. Something she was already considering.

"This conversation is over. We need to get moving, otherwise we won't get Abby and Kane back before nightfall." Lexa put her foot down, this petty argument was getting them nowhere but further into a deep hole that was getting more uncomfortable with every sentence out of either woman's mouth.

Clarke closed her mouth and refrained from answering, instead choosing to start towards Arkadia without checking if anyone followed. Lexa could hear Abby and Marcus walking towards her and the others and Lexa was glad she couldn't see the older woman's face as the heat coming from her own was enough to tell her she was blushing.

Waiting to make sure everyone was starting towards Arkadia, she made her face emotionless as Abby stepped beside her, Marcus continuing to follow Raven who had started after Clarke and Luna. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that conversation."

"I would like nothing more." Following everyone, Lexa double checked that nothing was left in the clearing, no sign that Sara's ship had been there or that the others had been gone. Satisfied, she caught up to the group, if they could call themselves that with how spread out, they all were. Clarke was storming ahead with Luna and Raven following behind her at different stages, and Abby and Marcus were making slower progress through the forest that Lexa quickly passed them.

The walk back to Arkadia was mostly quiet, Lexa having caught up to Clarke quickly. Walking next to the blonde, Lexa couldn't help but think back to their walk to the Mountain, as silent as this but nowhere as tense. In some ways, she would have preferred that one, but in too many to count she would forever take this tentative awkwardness hanging between them.

"Nothing happened." Clarke's words were quiet, no doubt not wanting her words to reach those following or the scouts in the trees, and after so long in silence, it surprised Lexa. "I need you to know, nothing happened with what Raven was talking about."

Lexa kept facing forward, not trusting herself to keep walking if she caught those blue skies watching her. "I trust you."

Clarke's stepped faltered for a second, the blonde managing to pass it off as tripping over a root, but Lexa's lips curled up at the obvious misstep. She wasn't oblivious to the implication of what she had just said, but after everything was it really something that needed to be said. The distinct feeling of Clarke's eyes on her was hard to keep her gaze from turning towards, the love she could feel aimed towards her so obvious it took more control than she wanted to admit not to pull the girl into a hug and never let go.