18. First breakfast & Walima

The rain subsided in the early hours of the morning. The sun was finally out. The cold wind and sunny sky made up for the perfect weather. The curtains moved ever so slowly with the winds and sunshine fell inside the room. Outside, the birds were chirping and hopping around. The bouquets of flowers that were hung around the room, moved and their delicious scents diffused into the room. Love was indefinitely in the air. The atomsophere was very romantic. Downstairs, Shifa and Aliya were busy in preparing a heavy desi nashta. They had prepared halva puri, chanay, qatlama and some sawiyan. The aroma of the sweet foods clouded the senses.

Inside the room of the newlyweds, the couple was still sleeping. Light from the sun was falling on their faces causing them to stir in their sleep. Mahrukh, turned around in her sleep, nuzzling her face deeper into Zain's chest in order to prevent the light from falling into her eyes. But the damage was done. Her sleep was ruined. Sighing she lifted herself on her arms, still encased in between her husband's arms. She looked at his face. The perfectly trimmed beard and full pink lips were the most amazing sight. His eyelashes lay parallel to his high cheekbones and his silky black hair lay limp on the silky beige pillow. Kissing his broad chest, she untangled their legs as gently as possible before unwrapping his arms. She then ran into the bathroom to shower.

The warm water helped her loosen the knots in her shoulders. Remembering the events of the last night, Mahrukh smiled to herself, her cheeks turning red. Using the loofah she covered her body in the vanilla scented bodywash and peach scented shampoo. Mahrukh then wrapped herself in a huge giant fluffy white towel and grabbed her moisturiser. Softly lathering it on her skin Mahrukh entered the giant closet.

The huge closet had two sides. One held all kinds of formal suits and casual mens wear. With one closet dedicated to shoes. The other side held Mahrukh's stuff. All her clothes were hung by order of colour. And like Zain's side one of her closet spaces was dedicated to shoes aswell. In the middle of her side was a huge vanity. With makeup on display and lightbulbs surrounding the mirror for better lighting when getting ready. In the middle of the entire closet was a marble island that held their perfume collections and under it were two benches that could be used while wearing shoes.

Mahrukh, knowing that it was the first day of her marriage, opted for a full fancy outfit. The shirt reached her knees and was the shade of a lightly whisked coffee, that slight golden colour. The chiffon shirt had a maroon coloured neck as well as cuffs of the sleeves. The entire shirt had gota work on it. The trousers were plain maroon with the same gota work as the sleeves on the ends of it. The duppata was maroon made out of chiffon with golden gota lace on all four corners. Mahrukh blowdried her hair and put jhumkas in her ears. Walking out of the closet she looked at the time. Seeing that it was already ten am she decided to wake Zain up.

Shaking Zain by his shoulders Mahrukh gently spoke "Zain uth jain," (Zain wake up) when there was a sudden knock on the door

"Zain uth jain,"
(Zain wake up)
when there was a sudden knock on the door. Mahrukh got up from the bed and was about to walk off to the door when she was pulled by her arm only to fall on Zain's chest as the banging continued.
"Let them knock. I deserve to spend time with you".
Mahrukh rolled her eyes
"Zain leave my hand,"
smiling he replied
"Haath chodney keh liye thodi na pakda tha,"
(I didn't grab your hand to let go of it)
the deep passion in his voice made her feel all kinds of things. Kissing his cheek, Zain was stunned. The shock had made him loosen his grip and she ran to the door. Once she opened the door she saw her mother in law.
"Mahrukh you are up?"
Mahrukh nodded her head. Aliya gave a kiss on her forehead before speaking
"Wake up your good for nothing husband and come for breakfast. Waisay MashAllah you look beautiful,"
(By the way)
smiling Mahrukh thanked her while Zain huffed before shouting
"Utha hi huwa tha".
(I was awake)
Aliya laughed and left the duo to do their own thing.