12. Crazy ideas & Acceptance

Akbar knew that Zain loved Mahrukh. But now that he had discovered that the feelings were returned, he decided it was time to play matchmaker. Mahrukh had gotten him married to the woman he loved and the marriage not working out was not her fault. The least he as a brother could do was have them both get married. But first he needed a plan to convince his parents that the brute of a man Zain was prefect for the innocent Mahrukh. All his dreams were coming true. The dream to play macthmaker had always been in his head and now was the perfect time to fulfil it.

Since it was the last Sunday before Ramadan, Akbar woke up very late. When he looked at his side clock the time was one pm. That meant everyone was up and the preparation for lunch would be going on with full force. Which also meant he would not be fed till two pm as it was a family rule that anyone who woke up after eleven am would get lunch directly. Just then his stomach decided to rumble which made him frown even more. Grabbing his phone and taking off the charger, Akbar decided to scroll through some of his messages he had gotten work related. As well as scroll through his instagram feed. Ah what a blissful morning for him.

The room of his door opened and his wife, Amna entered. Wearing a white  suit she looked exquisite. But why would he need looks when there was no personality? Carrying in her hands a tray loades with all types of assortments of breakfast foods, she walked in and placed it on their bed. And spoke confidently.
"I'm sorry for my previous action. I have asked forgiveness from Mahrukh too. Now have this breakfast as a sign of peace from me. Pretty please," 
Akbar could not ignore her and nodded before engulfing her in a huge hug. As he placed the first morsel of food he figured out all of it had been prepared by Mahrukh as the taste was similar to what she would make. Not in the mood to start a fight he ignored this matter only wondering how would he make his parents agree.

Downstairs the family was walking around with a cheer in their steps. Everyone was preparing for something that Akbar knew nothing about. His question was answered when his mother walked to him briskly.
"Akbar go to the bakery and get a cake. Some people are coming to see Mahrukh".
Hearing the sentence, Akbar felt as if he had been ruined. All his dreams were washed away by water but he knew he could come up with a masterplan for it. And the person will be removed from his pathway quite easily. But for that he would need the help of his elder brother and the groom to be (fingers crossed) Zain. Immediately backtracking his footsteps he ran to Zain's room, who enjoying the Sunday was still in bed.

Akbar sat on his chest and slapped him on his face after which he began shrieking loudly in a hysterical voice
"Zain bhai wakeup. A man is coming to see Mahrukh. Wake up".
Zain still in sleep rubbed his eyes, pushed Akbar off of him onto the other side of the bed before sitting upright to give him his undivided attention.
"What are you going on about?"
Taking in a deep breath, annoyed by the nonchalant attitude of his brother he repeated the entire incident. And then asked him what to do.
"This guy will not come. Don't you worry. Just prepare for our guests. See what I do".
With that Zain headed into the washroom to take a shower.

○~○

It was after lunch whilst everyone was sleeping in their rooms, so that were energised by the time the guests came. Zain decided now was the best time to put his plan into action. Taking small calculated steps, he knocked on his parents door and waited for his father to open the lock. He was moving constantly on the balls of his feet anxious and impatient. After what it seemed like years and him growing a thousand grey hairs in his hair and beard, his father opened the door.

"Zain come in,"
his father spoke astonished to see him so tense. Zain stepped in and sat on the bed in the feet of his mother.
"Mama Baba I want to talk to you guys about something".
The husband and wife duo nodded their head, gesturing him to continue with what he had to say.
"Here's the thing. I want to get married". Aliya who had been waiting for this day was immensely happy.  Her happiness knew no bounds. Her husband Akram who was the more practical of the two asked him with pride in his eyes
"Who is the girl?"
Zain knew this was the do or die moment. This would make or break him. With a bulload of courage he spoke in a low tone
"Mahrukh".
His mother looked at him as if he had lost it .
"You mean our Mahrukh?"
Zain nodded his head. Aliya,shreiked and jumped pulling him in a hug. Peppering kisses all over her hair.
"Oh my son you have made me so happy. This is what we wanted aswell".