First Kiss (James)

James had asked you to attend one of his Quidditch games, despite the fact you weren't really a big fan of the game, but you thought you'd go to support him. You sit next to Remus in the stands as you observe the game, the boy beside you rapidly attempting to explain the rules to you as your eyes dart around to try and spot James. When you finally do; you recognise his untamed, dark curls at the corner of you eye before he races past you to collect the quaffle from a teammate, according to what Remus is narrating for you. 

A wide smile pulls at your lips as you watch James play, still not really understanding what he is doing, but it doesn't matter to you, you just enjoy seeing him in his element and seeing how passionate he is about the sport. Once the Gryffindor seeker catches the snitch, as Remus had explained, everyone in the stands surrounding you jumps up from their seats and cheers loudly, the energy too contagious for you not to join in, taking the reaction as a hint that they had won; that James won the game. Your eyes search for James, no longer paying attention to Remus. Gradually the crowds begin to dissipate, and you find yourself on the quidditch field running over to James to throw your arms around the boy's shoulders, your broad grin remaining on your lips.

"You won!" is all you could think of in that moment, "you played amazingly!"

James chuckles, a small, smug smirk finding its way onto his lips as he wraps his arms loosely around your waist instinctively. "I did, didn't I?"

Instead of reacting with disgust at his vain attitude, as you would normally do, you nod enthusiastically in agreement, "you certainly did. I'm so proud of you!" you laugh, your hands moving to cradle James' cheeks as you beam up at him.

Before James could respond with another playfully narcissistic remark, you press your lips softly but firmly against his, James' eyes widening a little with surprise. He doesn't reject the kiss, instead his hands grasps your waist a little tighter to keep you close to him, tilting his head to return the kiss, but he keeps the gentle, innocent nature of it, warmth filling both you and James' bodies. You two eventually part, your hands trailing down to rest against the boy's chest as you stare up at him with slight shock at your own actions, but your nerves are calmed as you observe James' goofy smile, which then spread to your own lips.

"Wasn't expecting that, I'll have to say," James chuckles once again, not releasing you from his grip just yet, his eyes never leaving your own, "but I'm definitely not upset about it ... although I wanted to be the one to kiss you first," he pouts playfully, and you can only laugh with a shake of your head.

You go to rest your forehead against James' chest, but your actions halt as you hear a whistle from behind you. You turn to where the sound came from, James lifting his head to peer over the top of your head, his smile widening as you both spot Sirius approaching the two of you with a mischievous smile, Remus and Peter following after him. Your face flushes slightly, but you try to keep your composure.

"I don't think any of us were expecting it," Sirius crosses his arms over his chest. "Are you two finished sucking each other's faces off? There's a party in the common room."

Remus reaches out to smack Sirius' arm, but he too laughs, "come on, now, let's go. You guys will have plenty of opportunities to snog in the common room."

You let go of James, your face completely red by now, and you bring a hand up to cover your face, storming ahead of the three boys with a frustrated sigh in the direction of the common room.

A/N: okay so I ended up making this into separate chapters since they ended up being kinda long for just a small imagine, so I hope no one minds. Sirius will be up next!

Happy reading <3

~~~tronnorwolfstar~~~