Remus x Jessica (Request)

Requested by princess_jessicak

Warning: Occasional cussing.

"Just letting you guys know," the Divinations professor announced, "we will be switching the seats around, just so that everyone of you will get to know someone that you hopefully don't know already."

He gestured around the room at the tables with name tags on them, the ink flashing golden on the small peices of ripped parchment. The class reluctantly looked around for their names on each of the desks and slipped into their allocated seats, next to people who were apparently complete strangers to them.

Remus, clutching his books in his right arm, found his name on a desk next to a beautiful girl with long blond hair and striking blue-grey eyes. Remus' face flushed and he glanced away as the girl looked in his direction.

She smiled at him timidly. "Hi," she breathed. "I'm Jessica, and you're Remus?"

Remus opened his mouth to ask how she knew his name. 

"It's on the tag ..." she smiled shyly.

Remus closed his mouth, recomposed himself and smiled.

"Right. Yeah. Nice to meet you." He smiled.

He slid into the seat next to Jessica, the two didn't make anymore efforts to continue their conversation, and the class began. The atmosphere was seemingly heavy as the professor droned on about foresight and his inner eye, when he accidentally dropped his glasses, which he was holding in his hand.

"Oh fuck me," he mumbled, his misty voice vanishing for that moment in time.

"Maybe later," a feminine voice from next to Remus muttered under her breath. Jessica picked up her quil, as Remus was attempting to conceal a loud laugh; it was stifled into a light snort that only Jessica could hear. She blushed and looked down at the quil in her hand and started to spin it between her fingers.

With instruction, they began looking into the tea cups infront of them. There was a loud commotion coming from across the room, making Remus look up to see James and Sirius messing around with the equipment on their table. Somehow they ended up sitting next to each other, Remus rolled his eyes.

"Stop! Stop! What are you doing?" The professor yelled, jogging over to them.

Jessica sighed. "What are they not doing, right now?" She mumbled to herself.

Remus chuckled and nodded, agreeing with her, and she blushed yet again.

When class was over, all of the students got up from their seats and exited the classroom. Jessica slid a satchel full of her own books onto her shoulder and gracefully walked out the door and down the ladder. Remus soon followed, heading in the same rough direction of which Jessica was heading.

The hallway was silent, apart from the sounds of their footsteps, until the satchel tore and her books came cascading onto the floor with loud thumps.

Before she could really react, Remus was already by her side, collecting her books and holding them in his own arms. When Jessica tried to take them back from him, after thanking him, he shook his head.

"No, it's fine." He said. "I'll carry them for you. Just lead the way."

They exchanged smiles, making Jessica slightly flustered, and she looked down.

There was a content silence between them. Well that was until Remus spoke up.

"Hey ... uh ... Jessica?" He trailed off, but gained some more confidence. "I was just wondering if, maybe ... you might want to ... uh ... when the next Hogsmeade trip comes up ... go with me?"

Jessica chuckled at his cuteness, but nodded her head shyly.

"Of course," she replied kindly. "I'd love to."

Remus let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding; a huge sigh of relief.

A/N: OH MY LORD IT HAS BEEN SO LONG I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY!! I've recently gone into year 10 at  my school, and stupidly chose to do an advanced subject, so there is a lot of homework, but I wILL TRY AND FIND THE TIME. I love writing, so I will try my hardest to keep updating. I had a thought, and that thought was to have a co writer on this book. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT. Anyway, hope to update again soon, and don't forget to Comment, Vote and Share with a friend!.

Happy reading XD

~tronnorwolfstar