James x Reader (Request)

Requested by: LukesFluffyBoner

Under the invisibility cloak, you and James were trying your hardest not to get caught by Filch, clutching a bottle of firewhiskey, heading to the Astronomy tower at midnight. Exiting via the large doors at the entrance to the school, you took a deep breath in, familiarising yourself with the scent of burning wood of an open fire, and the general smell of nature.

You clung to James' arm and felt laughter bubling up inside of you as you crept with him over to the flights of stairs leading to the Astronomy tower. You both ran up the rest of the steps as you neared the top and sat facing each other, asking questions about the other that you wouldn't normally tell anyone, all while passing the bottle of firewhiskey between yourselves. 

The questions got deeper and deeper the more you two drank.

"Have you ever gotton to second base with any of your boyfriends, before?" James stumbled over this question, you supposed, because of the liquor.

"No; I've never really had a boyfriend." You answered looking down at your hands.

James stared at you, looking almost furious for some reason, "really? But you're so pretty! I don't believe it!"

"You-you really think so?"

James' remark almost comletely sobered you up. You looked at him bashfully and he looked back at you with an almost expressionless stare. He was searching your face, glazing over every inch with his beady eyes.

"For sure! You're pretty, smart, funny; an all round amazing person, I'd say ..." James trailed off blushing lightly.

You both stare into each other's eyes in complete silence.

You never really thought that you liked James, and you never really thought that he'd say these things about you. He obviously didn't realise the exact same things either, but especially the effect he had when he complimented you. 

James, embracing how cheesey and cliche this was, reached one of his hands over and cupped your face. He anchored his thumb under your chin and lifted your head up so you would look him in the eyes. 

James leant in and brushed his lips against yours, as if testing the waters. Not being able to resist yourself, you closed the distance left between you. The kiss was slow and gentle, but filled with love and lust for the other. 

After a short amount of time, you broke apart, smiling at each other. You reached your hand up and took his from your face and held it in your hand. His skin touching yours sent electrical pulses through your veins, but it felt good; it felt right.

You two lay down beside each other, admiring the stars in the clear night, huddled together for warmth, and you still held onto James' hand.

"Hey, look!" you exclaim. "It's Sirius!"

James sits up as fast as a bullet and looks from side to side. You laugh loudly and he looks slightly confused.

"I meant the star, genius." You punch his arm playfully.

"That was rude, (Y/N)." He tried not to smile and punched you back lightly.

You laughed again, "What part? Calling you a name, or punching you?"

"All of it."

A/N: HEYYYYY!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! I'M GOING TO THE TROYE SIVAN CONCERT IN MELBOURNE TOMORROW AND I AM DYING! *Coughs nervously* I mean, uh, thank you everyone for suggesting one shots. JUST LETTING YOU GUYS KNOW AS WELL THAT I HAVE REACHED OVER 6.5K READS! THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!! *Coughs again* Uh, please don't forget to Comment, Favourite and Share with a friend! :)