"Huh?"

"We never clarified," he says his eyes never leaving mine. "After the day at my house, we never clarified with the text if everything is okay. It just disappeared and I just don't want to overstep."

I try to understand, "your house. Where you said you're- pa- pansexual gay?"

He nods, "you gave off the feeling that you weren't okay with it and I thought to give you your space but then you texted and I just assumed we're good but then maybe we aren't? I don't know and I don't want to-" I cut off his rambling with a chuckle. Sky raises his brows at me. "What?"

I touch an itch on my nose, "you were rambling. It was cute."

Sky blushes, actually turning red. "Israel!"

"Okay, sorry," I clear my throat. "And I'm okay with that. With you being p-pansexual."

"I'd rather not be labeled but sure, I am."

I shrug, "I don't care."

Sky takes a step closer, almost throwing the distance between us into the air. "You do."

"I don't."

"Israel, you fucking do."

"Fine," I confess, my feet moving. "I care okay. I was raised to hate people-- people like you." And me.

"Well, do you?"

I shake my head, "I texted because I apparently can't bare to not have you in my life. I don't hate you."

Sky nods and takes my drink away, placing it on the table next to us. He grabs my hands, looking at them as his thumbs rub over them. "Well, do you- do you know how I feel about you?"

I don't say anything and Sky looks up, his now darkened eyes looking back at me saying a thousand words and touching the deepest places with just one look. Amongst everything in his cat eyes, I could also see fear and vulnerability, something I have never seen before. I nod, almost like I being controlled. Then I look back at his thumb drawing circles on the back of my palm, "kinda."

"Should I say it?" He whisper asks.

"No," I say sharply, my heart beating like trapped bird.

"Why not?"

"Because," I swallow. "I'm scared I won't be able to say it back."

He nods, "I would wait."

I look at him, searching his face for a lie but I see none. "What if-- what if it never goes away? What I remain this way forever?"

"Easy Issy," he smirks, leaving my hand to touch my face. "It's one step at a time and I'll be here through every one."

"I'm just scared."

"Me too." We stay looking at each other and it's a loud shriek slash scream that breaks the moment and we turn to see Jamal stripped of all his clothes, wearing only boxers as he runs and jumps into the pool.

"What the--" I exclaim in surprise as Sky creates more distance between us.

"Issy, come on!" He yells, making a lot of people turn to our direction. I shrink at their gazes.