I have never considered myself to be a selfish person until it comes to Audrey. I want her all to myself. I don't want anyone else to have her. It would kill me to know that someone else got to stare into those hazel eyes or trace their fingers across her skin.

"I really liked that song," Audrey said as she relaxed back into the seat. "I have a question." She announced with a soft tone. I knew this question was going to be different. Usually, whenever she had a question, she announced it with so much confidence. "Did your family like me?"

I looked down to see her fidgeting with the rings on her fingers, "Of course they did, sweet girl! How could they not love you?" I laid my hand over on her thigh, giving it a soft squeeze. "They were begging me to bring you back for the holiday."

"I feel like I made a complete fool of myself."

I ran the pad of my thumb over her thigh, "You were just nervous. Everyone gets nervous whether it's meeting your significant other's parents for the first time or trying to create a conversation with someone you find attractive." She raised her eyebrow at me, letting me know she was confused.

"What?" I questioned the look she was giving me, "Have you never seen someone so attractive that you lost your words? I have and she's sitting right beside me." Audrey covered her face while she blushed, "Sweet girl, I still get nervous around you."

"Do you really or are you just saying that?"

Audrey never believed me anytime I complimented her. She would always disagree with me or ask if I was being serious. It broke my heart that she didn't realize how beautiful she was. I think it hurts more to know that she's never had someone make her feel beautiful. She's only been around people that put her down.

I've never been a violent person, but nothing pisses me off more than that. I would personally like to kick the ass of anyone that has made Audrey feel like she was anything less than perfect.

"I think you are breathtaking, sweet girl. I promise." I reassured her which caused her to smile. Her eyes shifted down to my hand that rested on my thigh. She laid her hand on mine so she could play with my rings.

I could tell that her mind was still running in a million different directions, "Baby, I promise that they liked you. They liked you so much that I think I'm gonna have to keep you around for a little bit longer." I joked.

Audrey didn't even crack a smile, her face went blank. She stopped playing my rings not long after that. It was like she had completely shut down.

What did I do?

**

Audrey hasn't acted the same. She was barely talking anymore. She had put all her focus on taking pictures of our surroundings. I don't know what happened. Everything changed so quickly.

Did I do something?

I noticed if I moved close to her then she would step away to take a picture even though she had already taken thirty pictures of that exact same thing.

"Are you okay?" I whispered as I walked up beside her. She ignored me, continuing to take pictures. "Baby, please just talk to me. What happened?" I was lost, I had absolutely no clue what happened. "Audrey."

She glanced over at me, still not giving me her full attention, "I'm okay, just tired." She mumbled.

"You're a shit liar, Audrey."

I knew if I kept calling her by her birth given name then she would snap. She hated whenever I called her 'Audrey.' Anytime I wanted to push her buttons then all I had to do was call her that.

She took a deep breath in, "If you call me that one more time, I promise I will shove my foot so far up your ass that you'll feel it in your throat."

I couldn't control my facial expressions whenever the words fell from her lips

I couldn't control my facial expressions whenever the words fell from her lips. I was so shocked to hear something like that come out of Audrey's mouth. I threw my hands up as a sign of surrender. I was not about to keep pushing.

I've never been so scared of someone in my life. Audrey may be small but I know that she could take me if she really tried. I have always pushed her buttons but she's never snapped at me like that so now I know that she's really upset.

She'll tell me when she's ready, but for now, I have to let it go.

I just hope I didn't hurt her feelings.