Rampage

Hello there! 

I will begin updating on Mondays and Fridays to add a layer of depth to the story. Giving myself a couple of days to mull over a chapter helps me think outside of the box instead of posting a chapter I spent a single day on. There will be a surprise chapter on Wednesdays now and then :p

Thank you for your patience :)

====================

A group of witches sat comfortably in the common room, sharing notes for their upcoming Chemistry of Magic test. It didn't matter there was a murderous witch plotting to attack the school, Dr. Saltzman loved to keep classes going. The quiet humming of conversations wrapped them in a pleasant blanket under the afternoon sun. They wrote on index cards and rotated them every so often to ask each other questions.

Their little bubble burst when a shriek resonated from the hallway. The witches shared a knowing look, recognizing what would follow the commotion.

A relatively new werewolf skidded across the hardwood floor, coming to a stop right before the common room steps. He scrambled to his feet, his face turning around furiously to look out for whoever tormented him.

Hope Mikaelson strutted into the room, her hand extended in front of her. Her eyes screamed murder as she glared at the werewolf. The buzzing around them ceased, replaced with awkward side glances of students trying to see what was going on without falling in the scope of the raging tribrid. Hope closed her fist which brought the trembling boy to a complete halt. His eyes bounced wildly around the room, suggesting he wasn't in control of his body.

Hope prowled closer, dragging her steps slowly until they stood face to face, "Talking behind someone's back is not very nice." The boy twitched, a poor attempt to get away. It only made Hope angrier and she cupped his chin, forcing him to meet her glare, "First strike. I'm not keen on second chances, but since you're new, I'll let you off with a warning." She lets go of the boy, who falls to his knees as he breathes in a ragged rhythm.

Hope scans the room in time to catch a few pairs of eyes turn away quickly. All except for Josie who stood under the kitchen door frame. Hope inhaled sharply, watching as the witch crossed her arms over her chest. Josie had always been an open book, wearing her heart on her sleeve, but now she had an unreadable expression. No, Hope realized there was too much on her face. Too many thoughts to materialize into a single emotion.

They hadn't talked for days now and it was eating Hope alive. She expected Josie to tell her dad about her plan to go after the Necromancer, but he never confronted her about it. Josie didn't tell him and although Hope was relieved, she wanted to know why. The first couple of days of their cat-and-mouse game Hope tried to talk to Josie. She looked for her, she waited outside her classes, hell, she was a step away from memorizing the witch's entire schedule. It didn't matter what she did, Josie would ignore her or deliberately switch directions as to not meet her. Hope got the message loud and clear, reluctantly settling into the curiosity and guilt gnawing at her, even if the last thing she wanted was to stay away from Josie.

Now, all interaction she had with Josie were stolen glances across the room or an awkward walk in the hallway.

Hope promised she'd stay with Josie all the way, so although she didn't talk to the witch, she still made sure she was alright. And if she needed space, Hope would comply. She arranged for Freya to give them separate sessions with the excuse that she wanted to give Josie privacy. Later, she would ask her aunt how Josie was doing and if they had made any progress regarding Dark Josie. It pained her to hear Josie was still hesitant to use magic. Freya didn't know the real reason as to why Josie's fingers broke in the first place, and that gave Hope a sliver of faith that she didn't completely ruin their relationship.