Chapter 24 - Deep

Start from the beginning

This man won't take the praise. He will always make me believe in myself. Believe I did it all. Believe in my strength to heal. How can someone be so damn perfect?

Unable to process any words I found myself leaning into him towards his lips. He noticed and met me the rest of the way. This kiss was tender, softer, slower, and filled with more emotion than the usual lustful ones. It lasted a minute but it felt like a lifetime. I pulled away then pulled back my head to look him in the eyes, new confidence exuding from within me.

"I still meant it," I stated earnestly.

"Meant what?" He tilted his head a fraction.

"I still want to try," I confessed. I watched as his pupils immediately dilated, his breath catching for a split second before releasing at a more erratic pace. All the while, he rolled his bottom lip between his teeth. One of the things that he does which I tend to find the most erotic.

"Elena, are you sure?"

"Yes," I replied immediately.

"Do you trust me?"

"Without a doubt," I answered with conviction, giving him no room to doubt me.

"Although, there are a few things in there that I have no idea about." I chewed the inside of my cheek after admitting the above, my tone growing lower as I found my confidence draining bit by bit with embarrassment.

"Ok. Show me." His eyes narrowed on me in a pleasantly seductive manner as he stepped aside and took my hand, assisting me off the counter.

"What about the coffees?" I found myself asking, my subconscious trying to self-sabotage with the usual procrastination it tends to do when nervous. I turned towards the kettle but he grabbed my waist and spun us both around so that I was facing the kitchen's threshold, my back against his chest.

"Forget about that. I'm not thirsty or hungry right now. Well, not for anything food-related at least." He spoke into my ear. My mouth opened to reply before hearing his last statement, causing me to instantly purse my lips, my eyes widened and a rippling effect ran throughout my body.

His hands remained on my hips, guiding me out of the kitchen and into the foyer where we entered the elevator. After hearing the elevator doors close I slowly turned around to face him. Good Lord, does he have to be shirtless right now?

I closed my eyes, pep-talking myself to get a grip. I wanted this, I need to have the fucking courage to see it through. Let my inner confidence seep through and take what she wants. I sucked in a long breathe before releasing it slowly just as the elevator chimed. The instant the doors reopened, I strutted out of there. I passed him swiftly, looking over my shoulder at him, and noticed his small moment of surprise followed by a delicious smirk.

I continued my way towards the room, pushing the door open and switching on the lights, the walls immediately illuminating with the dark red hue. The atmosphere directly affecting the mood.

I could feel him behind me as my eyes scanned everything once more, landing on the wall cabinet right of the bed. I made my way over to it, gently pulling it open and removing one of each device in my hands. I turned to him, holding them slightly in front of my chest. He casually stood there, his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants, his muscles flexing with each distracting movement, and that seductive smirk he always holds when the cockiness is of extreme height.

"The one in your left hand with the soft tails is called a flogger, the other flat-sided one is called a paddle. Both used -"

"I think I can guess what they're used for." I cut him off abruptly, afraid of my own body's betrayal if I were to hear him explain it as he probably would have added another sexual allusion to bring me to my knees.