Chapter 24 - Deep

Start from the beginning

There are still so many obstacles ahead of us. I still had secrets that I was keeping, but so did he. Which means he didn't trust me fully. I know I trusted him completely but I didn't trust the venom that could still be spewing into his mind from that wretched man that he kept as his advisor. I haven't seen him since I was still held captive in the house. I wasn't certain just how much leverage or control he had on Angelo and I needed to assess that before opening my mouth, just as his father requested of me.

I shook my head of the deliberating thoughts, quietly making my way to the wardrobe where I picked out a black lace bra and thong, a floral patterned mini tiered boho dress and embellished sandals. I dressed swiftly and quietly left the room, heading towards the kitchen. I flipped the switch of his kettle and took out two mugs, preparing the coffees. I glanced over at the dirty dishes left behind by myself last night and decided to quickly pack the dishwasher with them while waiting for the water to boil.

I pulled the dishwasher open, rinsing the dishes then placing them inside it. I bent over and placed the last utensil into the basket as I heard the clicking sound coming from the kettle indicating it's readiness. However, before I could straighten myself I felt a hard stinging sensation rip through me as a hand landed on my right ass cheek. I shot up and looked over my shoulder, a smug Angelo standing there pleased with himself. He was dressed in a pair of grey sweatpants and no shirt, his hair sexily tousled wildly from his fingers brushing through it.

"What the hell?" I asked him firmly, a hint of amusement lingering in my words.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Your ass was calling for my hand as I entered into the kitchen to quite the sight." He shrugged, still sporting that conceited smirk.

"Oh, really? Then what should I do when your face calls for my hand?" I turned to face him, my hand resting upon my hip.

"Wouldn't be the first time, now would it?" He took a step closer, bending over towards me with his hands linked behind his back, taunting me by placing his face near mine to receive my threat of a slap.

I shook my head, scanning his face and trying so hard to fight back the grin that my lips were pulling into. I took my hand, reaching up to push him away, open-handed on his cheek, but he promptly caught my wrist and pulled me hard into him. I yelped by the sudden and unexpected movement, especially when he gripped my waist and lifted me onto the counter beside him. He pushed my legs apart and stepped forward to stand in between them, my dress riding higher up my leg.

His hands landed on the side of my thighs, feeling his way under my dress as he captured my lips with his, a vehement kiss ensuing between us as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He massaged my tongue with his before nipping down on my bottom lip. He pulled back and kissed along my jaw until he reached my earlobe.

"Watch yourself, Amore (love)." He whispered into my ear, his voice gruff and husky.

I remained silent as he pulled back and looked at me. I sat there for some time in the comfortable atmosphere of us, my arms hanging over his shoulders and his hands still rightfully placed upon my thighs. My eyes darted around his beautiful face, getting caught up in my feelings for him.

"Angelo, thank you," I uttered softly, looking him in the eyes.

"For what?" His brows furrowed together ever so slightly.

"For looking past all my flaws and -"

"There are no flaws, Elena." He cut me off abruptly, correcting me causing me to gently sigh. I could feel my lips pulling, wanting to grin widely but settled with a sweet smile instead.

"Either way, you've helped me see things very differently and for that I thank you." I finalized.

"I didn't do anything. I merely guided you in the right direction. You did the rest, Bella (beautiful)." He caressed my face as he spoke, following his fingers with his eyes, tracing my hairline softly.