𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏.

Start from the beginning

The Cyclops targeted the trio standing a bit away, its one eye narrowing in on them. But thunder rumbled above, storm clouds rolling over the sky.

Ariadne watched closely as Thalia's fingers dug into the ground, stretching. Bark and moss replaced her once pale and smooth skin, a pine tree sprouted from the middle of her chest. It grew and grew until it was the tallest tree there.

An explosion came, and blue light lit up the sky before spreading from either side of the pine tree. The Cyclops aimed a fist but was met with a shield, banging on it. He watched as Ariadne backed away from the tree, following the trio which was heading straight towards camp.

Her hand swung out and a vine grew from the ground, striking the monster through it's chest, removing itself quickly before retreating back down. The monster burst into dust, sprinkling the pine tree which shook it off in the wind.

Thalia has saved them. Ariadne made a promise to herself that night, that she would protect the three for her, because she protected the camp, whether she knew it or not.

***

THE TRASH CLUNKED INTO THE TRASHCAN AS SHE SIGHED HEAVILY. She dusted her hands off before placing them on her hips, eyeing the two trash cans full of wood and grass.

Flies buzzed around her head, hoping to get a taste of the garbage. She just swatted them away before grabbing the handles of both cans, starting to walk down the driveway. Her job was simple: take the trash down to the road and hope a monster didn't smell her behind the protective barrier of the beach house.

Wheels rolled over the rocks and twigs along the pavement, resulting in the wood to bump against the side repeatedly. It annoyed her to no end and she walked faster to get it over with.

But this made the wood bump louder, which caused her to stop. She glared at the garbage can and only imagined if it was alive, it would be laughing at her. The girl continued on, luckily, the wood shifted and wasn't causing any noise.

Breath blew from her cheeks as she walked along the long driveway, cursing her stepmother on the length of it. She tripped over her feet a few times before reaching the end of the protective barrier, sighing before stepping out quickly.

Her feet padded towards the road before stopping the cans, pushing them to rest at the edge, awaiting the next day for the garbage truck to pick it up.

She turned around before eyeing the pavilion in her backyard, fairy lights hanging down in the moonlight. They glistened with lavenders and roses growing along the rails, her project was complete.

The girl had taken up a project for her community service hours, building a pavilion in her backyard. It did good for her stepmother, who enjoyed humming and tending to the flowers as she watched her stepdaughter train with her sword.

But school always filled the days. Her stepmother had taken up a job as a gardener, despite herself being a goddess, she had learned a little from her friend Demeter.

A chill breeze swept through the air as she walked back, lanterns along the trees lighting her way. She kicked at the rocks while her legs shivered while only wearing shorts, it was windy out that night and storm clouds were rolling in.

Her thoughts were mainly on if Zeus was angry at something, or, if a certain sea-green eyed demigod had done something stupid. It wouldn't surprise her, the girl wouldn't put it past the boy to do something overly stupid and idiotic. That was just his personality.

She eyed the long walk along the pavement and groaned lightly, wishing she had ridden her skateboard down. Yes, the girl had started to learn skateboarding. And to be fair, she was pretty good at it.