All I want to know is how much Zac and Kayla will be punished and when I can see them again. They've spent nearly a week locked up, and I am dreading seeing the state of them, how beaten and bruised they are from the Enforcers.

Closing my eyes, I try to stop any tears from falling and I shake my head, mentally lecturing myself. I have to pull it together. Zac and Kayla need to see a united front, even if we can't do anything to help.

Gritting my teeth, I walk back downstairs, nodding at Claudia and Jordan before making my way to the front door, praying that this will be over as soon as possible, and hopefully with a better outcome than what I'm picturing in my head.

"Heidi and Sam went to tell Jace what's happening with Kayla," Claudia advises, her hand reaching out and grabbing mine as we begin down the street, an angry looking Jordan behind us.

"Mils!" Rayden suddenly jogs up, his eyes wide. "I'm coming with you guys."

"Thanks, Ray." I manage a small smile before we continue, all of us in a deathly silence. Heidi, Sam and Jace soon join, Kayla's husband pulling me in for a swift hug.

He and Kayla may not be soul mates but he's in the same position as me, they're friends who have had sex and as such, there's a connection there, however small it may be.

In fact, Zac probably still doesn't even like me, the memory of our first few encounters still fresh in my mind, walking in on him fucking another girl only setting the precedent for what kind of man I'd been married too.

Yet I still feel betrayed by whoever reported them, I still have sleepless nights imagining what the State could be doing to him. When I finally manage to get to sleep I wake up screaming as I imagine them sliding a knife into his ribs, Claudia or Jordan always rushing in to assure me it's just a dream.

But... is it though?

*~*~*

It takes us half an hour to get to the old county courthouse, members of the Enforcers letting us in as soon as Jace and I tell them that it's our spouses in there.

We file into the old room, Claudia and Heidi grabbing onto my hands as we sit in the pews, Enforcers stationed around the perimeter, the room filled with a sense of dread. My heart is hammering against my ribcage, sweat pouring out of me as ten people walk in and take their seats; the jurors.

My eyes immediately find Mrs Engleberry, smirking as she chats with the man beside her. I don't recognise anyone else, but I can tell just from the fact Engleberry is here that we were right to assume this trial is rigged.

Mrs Germain suddenly enters, her brown hair piled up on top of her head, her figure donning a long black dress. She looks like she's going to a fucking funeral. Oh, hell. I watch as she takes a seat where the Judges used to, Heidi's mouth dropping open at the sight.

"She's playing Judge?" she hisses.

"It would appear so." Claudia snaps back, her teeth gritted.

"I wouldn't expect any different." Sam scoffs.

I keep my eyes on the front, scared that if I even move slightly I'll break down in hysterics, the uncertainty eating away at me.

"Please bring the defendants in," Germain suddenly announces and I suck in a breath, my grip on Heidi and Claudia's hands tightening. The door at the far end of the room is opened, my eyes wide as the Enforcers make a move to drag the people behind it out.

Please, please be okay!