Millionaires Secrets part 21

Over the next three months, I worked every day until the mobile home park was complete. It had been a learning experience for me. My wife would bring me lunch and ice tea. I could tell by the expression on her face that she thought that I was working to hard. She would give me a kiss before she'd leave. I watched as she drove away in her baby blue mustang and thought how lucky I was.

While I worked I ran the figures through my mind, fifteen percent, of a one hundred lot park would give me fifteen mobile homes that I could put in the park for free. That's exactly what I had planned to do when I had finished. John was excited about making lots of money from the park and so was I.

I didn't miss working in the real estate office. Even though my wife and I have our licenses we have never sold a single piece of property or earned a drop of commission. The state that we live in requires us to serve five years in training under a real estate agent, what a rip. My wife, Linda worked in the appraisal end of real estate and I worked in the repair and renovation of properties. We squeaked by, until I started buying mobile homes and renting them out.

I had discovered the secret of all of the millionaires in real estate, own the property and rent it out. For me it was to buy it cheap, fixing it up then rent it out. I never understood the logic of buying a house then flipping it to make a single big check, when they could have rented it and had all their money back in ten years and still owned the property. In fact I ran the numbers of buying a house then fixing it up and flipping it,

I realized that they were lying to everyone about how much money they were really making.  They were making money off of every one that bought their course and attended their expensive lectures. Linda had heard some of their advertisements and wanted to try it, until I crunched the numbers for her, then she was mad at them.

I was excited about free rent and moved one of my nice large mobile homes into the park. When Linda seen it she suggested that we move in, so we did.

The next day John came by and asked me, "can you manage the park for me?"

I smiled and said, "yes."

"That's good because I see your living here too." John said.

"Yes, Linda wanted to move in here, so it turned out perfect," I said.

"I see you put one of your larger and newer homes in here," John laughed.

"I made it an easy decision for her, to want to move into our park," I said and smiled at John.

"That's what I like about you, you understand how people feel and work your magic on them," John said.

"Thanks John," I replied.

"That's what you do to me too," he said.

"Don't you want to make plenty of money?" I asked.

"See that's what I mean, you know I do and you use it to your advantage," John said.

"To our advantage, partner," I said.

"Do me a favor and don't forget me when you get filthy rich," John said.

"I won't,  I have great plans for us John," I said with a smile.

(Thanks for your vote.)