The Big Question

"OMG!" Kara exclaimed far too loudly as she picked up a large tray of delicious potstickers, she'd have been drooling if she wasn't in the company her sister and cousin.

Then again, they were family, wasn't it okay to do that? And more importantly, wasn't it a right way of showing (Y/n) appreciation for making them all the way from scratch.

"Hey!" (Y/n) chastised the gluttonous Kryptonian tapping her hands so she would put the tray down. "Lena is not here yet."

Kara pouted as Alex pulled up her chair next to her wife and sat down. "Where is she, I'm getting hungry."

"Me too." Kara stretched her lips out in a dramatic pout, she looked more like a seven-year-old than a fully grown woman.

"This whole dinner is to ask her about us having a baby, Alex, and here I am stuck with two big kids already." (Y/n) said, rolling her eyes.

(Y/n) had insisted that they needed to do something special if only to announce that she and Alex intended to start their family (Y/n) knew that Lena wouldn't refuse. In fact, Lena would be excited about the task.

Never the less (Y/n) wanted everything to be unique, so Bear and Yogi were both tucked up asleep in their little beds, now next to each other, of course as Yogi was far too attached to his brother.

Candles were lit, and the lights dimmed, and the table set correctly had been Alex's job while (Y/n) created her usual wonders with food.

The only problem was Lena was twenty-six minutes late, and there was no sign of her.

"Call her again, Kara," Alex said.

"If she is in her lab, then she has it turned off." Kara shrugged. "So, we should start eating."

"Go and get her, Kara!" Alex and (Y/n) spoke together in perfect sync.

Kara quickly jumped to her feet and headed off fully intending to be back as soon as she could even if it meant carrying Lena away reluctantly.

"Was all of this necessary?" Alex asked for the one-hundredth time that day as she quickly reached for a potsticker.

(Y/n) didn't reply at first; instead, she turned around and planted a kiss to her wife's lips. "Yes, I want to show Lena how much we appreciate her."

"That makes sense," Alex replied.

"Also, I saw you steal the potsticker Alex." (Y/n) smiled, having caught her wife out.

Alex sighed, putting the piece of food back.

(Y/n) rolled her eyes. "Eat it, don't you know yet you have special privileges."

Alex's smile was slow to appear, but by the end, she grinned from ear to ear. "Oh yeah, and just how far do those special privileges go exactly?"

"You already know, stop digging for an ego boost." (Y/n) laughed.

"Can't blame a girl for trying." Alex shrugging.

"You're way too cute." (Y/n) lovingly said as she leaned into Alex, and again their lips met. "How was the meeting tonight?"

"Same as usual, more talking and listening." In truth, Alex was beginning to grow tired of her AA meetings; she had no idea how to address that with (Y/n) without disappointing her or making her angry.

(Y/n) had been so supportive, Alex knew she still abstained from drinking alcohol of any kind, and (Y/n) was stern in not having any pass over the threshold of the house. Alex had honestly gotten so lucky when fate threw the sweet and caring woman in her path.