36

The Handler took a drag from her cigarette. Carla came in with the box. Five dropped the memory.

The Handler rounded her desk and leaned against the front. Five stood up to look at the box that had just been brought in and placed on the desk.
"Go ahead. Open it," the Handler urged him. He did as she said and, when he opened it, he laid his eyes upon a brand new suit.
"Clothes make the man, Five. Won't it be nice when you can actually wear it?" Five picked up the suit and looked at it. It was clear that the suit was designed for when he had a 'new' body, as it were. The suit was not designed for the current version of him. He looked over to the Handler with her nicotine scented breath brushing under his nostrils.
"Very soon, I assure you," she said with a small smile, "they're perfecting your body as we speak."
"Thank you," Five spoke quietly. It was almost as though he was trying to trap the words in his mouth, he didn't want to release them as they were words that had no truth. He was a man who said it as it was, but at that moment, it felt as though that right had been stripped of him as he had to fake his way through this day.

"It's a very kind gift," Five nodded and placed a small smile on his face, trying to act as though he was telling the truth. In all fairness, however, it technically was the truth. It was indeed a kind gift, but there was another part of him which thought that it was a horrible, vile, gift and he wanted to jump to a volcano and drop it inside to meet it's untimely demise. But, allas, that was no option.

Five put the lid back onto the box and turned around to look at the back of the room. What he saw was a display case of some sorts. He could see numerous amount of weapons.
"Is that a Chinese flamethrower?" he asked, pointed to the piece of weaponry in the middle.
"Good eye..." the Handler responded. Five walked over to the flamethrower.
"War. Such a fascinating concept. A temporary salve for a permanent human flaw," she walked over to meet Five at the display, "course, it's a bit easier to see from 30,000 feet. These are just some of the things I've collected in my travels. M26 grenades-" she picked up the explosive and tossed it in the air a little, "-from the Vietnam War."

The Handler put the grenade down. She then reached for something else.
"And this, the most noteworthy, perhaps. My Walther pistol. The very one Hitler used to kill himself," she leaned down to Five to walk a little bit quieter, "we're not supposed to take these kind of things, but... he wasn't gonna use it anymore," she smiled at her statement. Five wasn't impressed. He also thought it was disgusting that she had these things, but it was slightly useful. The Handler then continued to talk, unfortunately.
"Feel how perfectly balanced that is, hm?" she actually handed the gun to Five. He took it. He couldn't help but think how satisfying it would be to pull that trigger and watch the bullet piece through her skin and her muscle. He knew that he couldn't, though, so he changed the subject.

"I had some thoughts I wanted to run by you. Some suggestions to improve Commission protocol."
"Mm... shaking things up already," she took the gun from him ad placed it back on the display, "I admire that," she stroked the side of his face. Five so wanted to cringe, he did so internally, because he was immediately repulsed by her touch. The only person he was comfortable with, recently, was (Y/N). She challenged him but also made him feel at ease. Meanwhile, all the Handler did was creep him out.

She walked back over to her desk and then told him to present his ideas to her.
"Gloria. The tube operator," Five went on to explain that it would be more efficient if case managers sent the messages by themselves. Five was disappointed, however, to hear that the Commission wasn't going to be ridding themselves of Gloria because they just loved her.
"She's this close to making pension," she put her thumb and finger very close together, as to exaggerate the statement.

A knock at the door prevented Five from going any further in the conversation. It was that perky woman who sat behind him in the office he worked in. Dot. She asked the Handler for a moment alone to which the Handler agreed.
"We'll continue this discussion later, Five."
"Sure. May I?" Five gestured towards the bowl of candy on the desk. The Handler allowed him and he took a few before walking out.