Finally giving in to me, Jay went to go call dad. He thought it was ideal if he went alone to him at first, to explain him whatever was going on as seeing me suddenly might give him a shock too big to bear. And I ofcourse agreed to it.

I was now sitting in the living room sofa, holding Adam's hand in mine, waiting for dad to appear.

I had no idea what kind of relation we had. But whatever kind we did, I was sure he would be glad to see me. After all, no parent would be upset after finding their lost child.

And finally he did arrive where we were standing. He almost looked breathless, as if he ran to come meet me out of eagerness.

Immediately as he arrived, I got on my feet, watching him for a while, not knowing what to say. His eyes were similar to mine. Very similar. His hair was grey at it's root while the rest of his was a deep brunette.

He had a kind expression on his face and I could see clearly how emotional he looked

"Sabrina," he called out.

Not knowing what to answer, I just lightly whispered , "Dad"

He slowly sat in the sofa and I knew he was still in shock.

Looking at Adam who gave me a nod of approval, I walked towards him and slowly knelt at the ground in front of him

"Dad", I called out again. And this time he couldn't control himself anymore. He wrapped his arms around me, as he sobbed and sobbed. I sobbed along with him and I finally felt a sense of completion. I finally felt that I had a real family. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead after which he kept muttering apologies to me

"Dad. It's okay. I am here. You don't have to be sorry"

But something told me that he was sorry for more reasons than I could comprehend. He wasn't sorry because he thought he couldn't save me, he was sorry for other reasons. Reasons I wanted to find out.

"My daughter. My little girl I thought I lost you forever. I thought I lost you and lost any chance to repent for my mistakes."

"Dad what are you talking about?" I questioned slightly moving back from him

"You deserved so much love my little girl. Love that I didn't give you because I was ashamed of my own mistakes."

"Mistakes?"

"Yes my girl. I should've been there for you when you needed a parent's love. But I wasnt"

Confused, I looked at Jay who nodded his head in dismissal. He didn't tell him that I lost my memories. Maybe this was a good thing as he was ready to tell everything to me

Adam, who had given me my space my time , came to sit beside me now. He looked at Dad after which he said,

"Mr.May. I think...I think you should say her everything from the start"

Dad nodded as he started speaking. And what all he said, I definitely wasn't ready to hear it

"I never told you this. I never told this to anyone besides your mom. But I guess it's finally time for me to own up to all my mistakes now.

Jay's mom and I were high school sweethearts. We started going out when we were seventeen. And I was really really in love with her"

I couldn't help but notice how he said Jay's mom instead of just your mom to me. But I didn't point it out

"After high school ended, we had different plans in mind. I moved to a business school in New York. While she was still here, studying in an art college.