Chapter 5: Now you hate me.

Fernand never liked to be beaten. Though he makes it sound like he never has before, that is quite the contrary. He's been beaten numerous times. Not fighting, but, to name a few...cards, chess, mario party, Rock Paper Scissors, Risk, monopoly, solitaire, poker, blackjack, go fish, uno, cards against humanity, pictionary, sherades, connect four, jenga, twister, you get it.

But there's more than that as to why he doesn't like to be beaten.

And it's also why he perfects his fighting.

He never lost to Clive. Or Clair. Or Python. Or Foreshshdg, he got rekt only once by Mathilda and that says a lot, he never lost a fight in training school, he never lost at his fencing classes, he never lost to basically anyone. Ever. Until now.

And now it haunts him.

He's been reliving the day he got beaten for the past 3 days, everytime he wakes up and goes to sleep. Well more like wake up and stay up. He questions how and questions what he could've done to make it go better. He never likes to be weak..then it shows how he really is deep down all the show off attitude.

Perhaps Fernand really did hate Kliff since now all he could think about was just him. Maybe Kliff knew this and was intentional. Maybe he knew that Fernand would be so stressed out from being beaten by him to the point of hating him for filling his mind with nothing but an albino fruck.

But then he thinks of that day.

Fernand got up and quickly changed. He knew exactly what he would do. He put on his vest then all his loads of armor and proceeded to the weaponry where his lance was at. He then hopped on his horse and galloped on out of the Regalian base to who knows where. But he knew where.

He made it to that Walmart from that one night and gazed off where the Delivery Boys took off that day. 'They couldn't be that far...' and dashed off that path. Not knowing if what he was doing was real, but knew that he was in loads of trouble already.

After a bit of galloping, searching, and looking around, he found a small camp. At sight he first thought of some merchants or bandits but then saw a certain someone gazing up at the stars. It was Kliff. Fernand got off his horse quietly and hid in some trees. He watched from a distance this guy—not sleeping with the others—just staring up at the moon.

Fernand knew what he must do. He wanted sweet sweet revenge, and here it is. He was gonna duel him once again.
He can't let it slide, and bother him no more. He has to prove he's better. If not then, what good is there? Fernand made a noise with the leaves and branches that caught Kliff's attention. Fernand grinned and hopped back on his horse and readied his lance. He heard Kliff coming closer and closer, and after a turn of the small stone wall Kliff was right there and Fernananad came out of the shadows, which catched Kliff off guard.
Fernand pointed his lance directly at Kliff, and he was sure to have a strict, seriously not happy face.

"Here you are again." Fernand spoke with no emotion whatsoever. He cleared his voice to fully explain what WILL go down this fateful night.
"I have come here after our last encounter at that field North of Zofia."
Kliff just stared up at Fernand.
"You and I both know what went down there that day."
He still didn't say anything.
Fernand thought about if this was a good idea or not.
"You beated me to no avail and destroyed my reputation—as a knight, and as a noble."
Kliff glanced elsewhere like he really didn't honestly care.
"I cannot let this stand any longer. So, I now challenge you to a battle. Right here, right now."
Kliff looked back at Fernand and blinked. He crossed his arms and tiredly eyed Fernand.
Fernand was gonna charge forth but stopped when Kliff literally didn't do anything.
"Um..."
He looked down at Kliff and gazed around as if he's missing something.
"You're...not gonna fight me??"
Kliff raised an eyebrow at him.
"Exactly what I'm thinking."
Fernand frowned at his sarcastic tone.
"If you wanted revenge so badly you would've killed me already."
Fernand realized this and really wondered why didn't he already stabbed Kliff and just be done with it?
But he soon come to a conclusion.
"Ahem. W-well, that's, cause...I...want this to be a fair battle, yeah..So..come on! Bring it!"
He pointed his lance at Kliff, which the tip was right in front of him practically. Kliff glanced at the sharp edge and simply, calmly, put it down a bit.
"Yeah, I can't."
Fernand tilted his head and mouthed a silent "wtf".
"What??? Why?! Do you not have your tom-tomes or something???"
Kliff yawned and stretched his arms.
"Oof, yeah. I left them in the tent with everyone else. Just thought I was gonna lay out for a bit, not fight some guy in the middle of the night."

Fernand just sat on his horse in a bit of defeat. What was gonna be an epic battle is now just some weird awkward talk that no one wants to talk about. He rubbed his chin and sighed in his palm.

"Well if...that's the case, erm." He looked over at the said tent and gestured his lance at it.
"You can...go get your..magic..stuff."
Kliff groaned and silently went off towards the tent. Fernand watched him disappear into the small structure and appear again with his books. He came back and got in a little stance. Fernand got the cue and was gonna give it his all. All that he had. This was it. If he didn't put his all now, what would they think....
He knew how to make an undodgeable hit. Did it all the time when fighting his buddies. 100% hit chance the soldiers at the trainee school called it. And indeed it was. But despite all that, Kliff dodged easily and trucking bolted him with some fire.
Fernand attempted his best to resist the burning and hit back once more but Kliff jumped to the side in time. Like that 100% chance was nothing to him. Fernand felt like he was falling but he was still sitting on his horse.
Kliffy charged a critical attack at em so fast and then waBAM baby.

Fernand sat still on his horse and couldn't stop breathing so much. He'd lost so much health and was in very much pain at the moment but he still glanced down at him.

"Satisfied??" Kliff sighed. He then went back to the camp and went inside the little tent. Fernand watched him go, and let out a "Wait no—" but Kliff couldn't hear him at this point. All Fernand could do was to go back. But he felt like he had nothing else to got to. He felt like a disappointment.