Chapter 24- Risky Rescues

Jessica's P.O.V.

Stiles and Scott finally forgave me for keeping the fact that I've been hanging with Derek and his pack a secret so Stiles invited me to go to his old friend's birthday party. After thorough convincing, Scott finally agrees to go in and we get to enter. As soon as we walk in, a pretty blonde calls Stiles' name. "He-" He's cut off as she places her lips onto his and Stiles starts with the sudden movement, which makes me giggle, causing her to pull away and look to me in shock.

"Oh my God, are you his girlfriend? I didn't know that he had one-"

"I'm not and he doesn't. Isn't that right, Stiles?" I question and he looks at me in shock.

"Mer-"

"You don't have a girlfriend," I state clearly and after frowning, he turns to Heather and confirms my statement. She grins and invites him downstairs to 'pick out some wine' and I head out back, hoping to find some relatively cute boy to make out with. About 10 minutes later, Stiles comes outside and sits next to me. "Wow, that was fast," I tease and he rolls his eyes.

"We didn't do anything. I left to get a condom from the upstairs bathroom and when I came back, she was gone. Guess she had a change of heart," he says dejectedly and I turn to see him looking at my lips. He quickly turns away and I smirk before downing my 15th cup of vodka before turning to him and connecting our lip. Stiles reacts instantly by licking my lower lip and pulling me onto his lap. I eagerly allow him entrance before he pulls away. "We can't do this. I miss Meredith, that's the only reason I'm kissing you."

"I'm okay being a distraction," I assure him but before he can respond, Scott runs over to us, telling us that we need to go. I roll my eyes but leave anyway, deciding that the party was boring anyhow.

_____

The next day before school, I was sitting in the Hale loft, painting my fingernails, as Isaac paces, complaining about how he doesn't like Derek's plan to have Peter attempt to retrieve his stolen memories. "You'll be fine," Derek assures as I roll my eyes.

"Why does it have to be him?" Isaac complains and I giggle at his childish behavior.

"He knows how to do it. I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried it myself," Derek explains to Isaac, while glaring at me for my unwelcome commentary.

"You know, Scott doesn't trust him. And personally, I trust Scott."

"Do you trust me?"

Isaac hesitated before nodding. "Yeah. But I still don't like him."

"He's lying. He hesitated before saying he trusted you," I inform Derek, who shoots me another glare.

"No one like him," Derek says as though I hadn't spoken.

"I like him," Kai chimes from next to me and I smirk.

"Eh, he's grown on me," I add as the door opens and Peter walks through. After some complaining, Peter finally just sticks his claws into Isaac's neck, only to find that he can't actually see anything but vague blurs that seemed like Erica and Boyd. "Well, as unhelpful as this has been, I have school so I'll see you all later I guess." Isaac nods but Derek stops me.

"Wait up, I can give you a ride. Scott says he needs to meet me." I shrug and give my keys to Kai with a threat of dismemberment if he crashes it before leaving with Derek. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the school and when we do, Derek leads me to an empty classroom where Stiles, Scott, Allison, Meredith, and Lydia wait. Allison and Lydia show Derek their wrists and he complains that it's nothing. Scott defends Allison and I let out a loud groan before standing from the counter I was perched on and walking over to them.