𝖎𝖛.

Tanei roamed around the place while she has some free time to spare with Korra still training Opal in the garden.

Tanei noticed strands of her pitch-black hair spiraling with the wind making it separate from her loose bun as she strolled gradually as usual to eye what's around her. Her emerald eyes skeptical of every detail present, attempting to recognize even just specks of it.

Not even knowing it, Tanei is very much selfless, that she didn't even spare herself some time. Typically, 'busy with training' is her number one excuse. It's funny that she even paid more time in the training room rather than her own house.

Not that Lin is forcing her to do certain things especially what she's pursuing now, Lin just wants her to follow what she passionately loves and not to please anybody. Even if she won't admit it Lin is proud of her no matter what she is and what she's doing.

When the idea of following her mother's footsteps came to her, Tanei didn't spare a second and accepted the path with a radiant determination. Like the idea refuses to leave her, making her disregard other options. It may be a challenge but she's determined to do it because she's honored and proud to be the one following after her mother.

When she chose this path she wasn't aware of what she might really want but she never really acknowledged those thoughts and just like every other distraction she left it all behind.

She and her mother had a long conversation about all of this matter and Lin was nothing but supportive, what matters to her is her daughter to be happy and not be forced just to please her like what happened to her.

Lin may not be the type of person to show so much affection but she truly cares for Tanei. She is trying to be a decent guardian to her daughter.

When Tanei was twelve she told the little girl to not be afraid to say if she doesn't feel whole without a father while growing up. The girl would flash her a bright grin, along with a mischievous glint on her eyes as she mumbles a quiet "don't worry too much mom, Ayumi said she can be my dad and I kinda like the idea" Lin's face can be compared with a tomato at how red it turns but she doesn't say anything back and leaves a feather light kiss on top of Tanei's head.

Tanei stepped towards a door, her hand skimming the surface of the wood and trudged closer to open it but surprisingly it opened on itself taking her by surprise, she backed away promptly.

"My apologies, I didn't see you there. Well of course I didnt, you were standing outside." The stranger snickered at their own actions, the melody of it was very familiar to Tanei.

"It's alright, I too didn't see you there." Tanei smiled without looking at the person and tried fixing her composure, positioning both hands behind her and her gaze meeting her shoes. Hoping the stranger would carry along.

"Tanei? Is that you!?"

"Uhm.. yes." Tanei frowned as she looks up, curious as to why the stranger knows her
Tanei's stomach twisted and felt suddenly hot when she saw who's in front of her, it was the dancer from earlier. The one with a pair of captivating eyes. Tanei gawks at her pair of eyes more than ever because of the close proximity and now that she wore a wide smile along with it.

"It really is you! wow, you've changed, and- you look great!" Tanei got caught off guard when the dancer from earlier pulled her into a hug.

Tanei's face was now redder than usual, trying her best to make it look normal "uh.."
When the dancer pulled away, she already plastered a frown on her face "you don't remember me don't you?"

"Ah yes, I remember you now. You were at Katara's birthday party!" Tanei awkwardly smiled hoping her dumb guess would magically work but seeing the girl in front of her still withering, she sighed "Look I'm sorry, I honestly can't remember you. My memory is going nuts these days."