𝖎𝖎𝖎.

"So, you're a dancer"

"Dancer. Leader. Wife. Mother. Aunt. Collector of rare meteorites. You'll find people here have many skills and interests." Suyin pulled out a finger with every stated profession.

Aiwei leans into Suyin's ear and whispers to her, causing her eyes to widen and shares a look with him before Aiwei moved away from her.

"Korra, why did you lie when Aiwei asked
if there was anyone else with you?" Suyin asked them with a weary look

Tanei's company seemed shocked, contrasting the worried frown forming on her face.

"What? I, uh, I didn't. I mean," Korra stuttered "How did you know I was lying?"

"I'm a truth seer. When people lie, their heart rate and breathing increase." Aiwei explained, making them look bewildered "I can sense the most subtle of changes."

"Thanks to Aiwei, there are no secrets in our city. And by the way from what I heard Tanei here is also a truth seer." Suyin adds

"Oh no. No, I'm not one." Tanei waved her hands roughly "But I'm a very good liar,"

She didn't really intend to make it sound funny but they nonetheless let out a laugh to which she also expresses

"Seriously I am, I can keep my heart rate and breathing normal. Basically removing all signs that would tell I am indeed not telling the truth." Tanei said in a careless tone

"Woah that is so cool! Where did you learn that from?" Bolin gushed, trying to drape an arm on Tanei's shoulder but failed because she was clearly way taller than him.

"It's quite useful when I lie to Toph about skipping some of her tiring excercises." she grinned mischievously.

"We came with Republic City's Chief of Police. She didn't want anyone to know she was here. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Korra relents remorsefully

"Lin's here? Oh, why didn't you tell me Tanei! I would love to say hello." Suyin let out excitedly.

"Wait, you two know each other?"

"You're joking, right?" There's silence, just them staring awkwardly at each other.

Tanei frowned and stepped forward to hold Suyin's hands once again "I'm so sorry
Su, I tried to talk to her many times but she's still as stubborn as before."

Suyin lets out a sigh and looks at the side sadly "Lin never told you about me."

"No," Korra deadpanned "why would she?"

"I'm Lin's sister." Suyin stated to the group, as they listen to the news with surprise and disbelief.

"That's why I know Tanei already, she's my niece."

_______________

The group was walking back at the airship to talk things with Lin, Korra, in particular, looks a little furious.

"Why didn't you tell us Tanei? And you knew all this time even when we're still playing fetch with Naga. You could've told us there." Korra rambled, feeling betrayed for not knowing the truth.