𝖎.

Lin walked towards her daughter's desk, tapping her slightly crooked fingers to get Tanei's attention "We need to find Korra."

Tanei averts her attention from the paper she's writing to her scowling mother "Why? did something wrong happen during their trip?" She absentmindedly drop the pen whilst grabbing the cup of tea resting on the corner of her desk.

"I received a message from lord Zuko and Tonraq saying Zaheer and the others escaped." Lin leaned and rested her body to the desk, her eyebrows meeting together.

Tanei took a sip of tea, offering some to her mother "How did that happen? I thought the cells were heavily guarded?"

Lin accepted the cup and made Tanei regret offering it to her, once she witnessed Lin emptying it before dropping it back to her hand "they say their leader is now an airbender."

Tanei sulked as she eyed the now empty cup "you should've said you were that thirsty." she muttered to herself.

"What did you say?"

"I said we should get going and find Korra before Zaheer does." Tanei flashes a grin.

"Very well let's head tomorrow morning. I heard they're in Ba Sing Se."

_____________

Tanei followed Lin's noticable figure through the streets of Ba Sing Se, eyes moving briefly from places to places as she subtly observes the environment. Their little journey stopped in front of a door to which Lin already knocked harshly.

The door opened revealing Tenzin "Lin? Tanei? What are you doing here?"

"We need to get Korra out of here immediately. Her life's in danger." Lin stepped inside like it was her own house

"What?!" Korra moves towards the three
"What's going on?" Tanei moved aside so Korra can stand near them.

"I just got word from Lord Zuko and Tonraq," Lin stated, partly ignoring Korra's desperate questions.

"Why is Lord Zuko with my dad?"

Tanei placed her palm on Korra's shoulder and gave a her small smile as an act of comfort.

"Zaheer and the others have escaped." Lin said, briefly sharing a glance with Tanei

"How is that possible?" Tenzin didn't do anything to hide his disbelief

"Because Zaheer is an airbender now."

"No."

"All right, hold on! will you quit ignoring me and tell me what's going on? who's Zaheer? why is my life in danger?" Korra impatiently said out of exasperation.

Tenzin and Lin exchanged glances before
approaching Korra "Shortly after we found out you were the avatar, Zaheer and three others attempted to kidnap you."

"Luckily, your father, Lord Zuko, Chief Sokka and I were there to stop them. We apprehended the criminals and locked them away in prisons designed to impair their abilities."

"So that's why you and my dad sheltered me away." Korra muttered lowly.

Tanei tightens her grip on Korra's arm to reassure her "It was for your own safety."

"Why were they trying to kidnap Korra?" Mako stepped forward

"We spent thirteen years interrogating them, but they never broke." Tanei's mother spoke

"To this day, no one knows what their motive was." Tanei finished

"Now we need to get you back to Republic City, where can protect you." Lin averts her eyes to Korra, her gaze determined.

"No ... I'm not running."

"Korra, you don't understand. These criminals are like nothing you've ever faced before." Lin insisted

"Korra I know you're strong but I would suggest you not playing around with these guys. I'll help you, we'll help you" Tanei motioned for both her and Lin.

"Look, I'm not a little kid anymore. You don't need to protect me."

"I came here for one thing, to find airbenders and I'm not leaving without them." Korra stated, determination radiating from her words.

"Fine. Let's get them and get out of here. Where are they?" Lin gave in, a frown forming on her face

"In a military compound, and we're busting them out."