Part 1

Alessia
~

"Alessia! Hurry up!"

I sigh and step out of my bedroom.

I make a swift turn into the kitchen to see Cam, aka Camilla Bianchi, my best friend since birth and my roommate. "What do you want!?" I say crossing my arms and lifting my eyebrow

"You know your father won't be happy if we aren't home for dinner tonight! So move your ass so we can get out of here!" She yells while pointing a butter knife at me. "It's an important dinner that an Alpha from the Shadow Hound Pack will be attending according to your mom." Cam says.

I walk over to the large pantry and pull out a bag of chips. "Hey! No eating! Go get ready!" Camilla yells! Right when I close the pantry door she throws a knife right at my face. Thanks to my quick reflexes, I catch it while dropping my bag of chips in the process, causing my wolf to growl at her attempt to hurt me.

"What the hell is wrong with you Camilla!" I yell stabbing the knife into the marble counters.

"What?" She says with a smug look on her face. "Its not like it would have hurt you anyway!" She says crossing her arms and rolling her eyes. To be honest not much could hurt me. I am one of the strongest fighters in the pack. I catch unwanted male attention and it's hard for me to make friends with other women my age.

Then there are mates, soulmates, given to us by the moon goddess. We don't get to pick them, it just happens. I don't want a mate, they can be to possessive.

I plan on rejecting mine the day we meet him.

"Whatever Camilla. I fight the urge to strangle you every day." I say while rolling my eyes at her.

"You would never think of hurting me Alessia, even if I could wolf out like you and your family! So that threat doesn't scare me." She says while reaching for the bag of chips on the ground. But she's right I would never hurt her, she is like my sister. She even comes from Italian blood just like me, so when her mother and father died due to a incident involving the mafia my family was happy to have her and so was I.

"I'm gonna go get ready" I say before walking to my room. I walk in and lay face first on my bed.

I always hate these types of dinners. The ones that have alphas from other packs come in to discuss business with my dad. It's boring and in the end i'm usually sent to my old room for "disrespecting" alphas who disrespect me. I make my way to my closet and pick out a pair of black jeans and red cropped sweater. once I finish putting them on I look at myself in the mirror.

I move my hands down my body molding with every curve. When I am done admiring myself, I grab my black and white J's and put them on. I move to my bathroom and apply mascara and a little bit of eyeshadow. I reach for the highlight at the edge of the counter and apply a little on the tip and bridge of my nose, my cheek bones, and the top of my lip. Sealing the look with red lipstick.

I walk out of my room and swiftly grab my purse, hooking it over my shoulder, before closing the door.

~

Me and Camilla pull up to the pack house. I turn towards her and grab her arm causing her to look up at me in confusion.

"When we go in here please stay by me. The men in the Shadow Hound pack tend to be very touchy with ... anything that has a vagina." She laughs at the last part before meeting my eyes again realizing how serious I am. She then nods in understanding.

We get out of the car and walk up to the door. We are greet by my fathers beta, Lorenzo.

"Enzo! How are you?" I say pulling him into a hug.