Part 15

"Hello! I called to talk to you about my love. Can you please talk to Mr. Neil khanna about it? Do you think he will agree for our marriage. " The words echoed in Neil's ears. The glowing tinge of brightness which had begun to evolve within him dimmed. His eyes red with anger, The few changes which had come by drifted away, back to the darkness which was it's very abode.

He had begun to genuinely trust Avni, a soft corner for her had developed in one corner of his heart, which still had a little ray of hope, the willingness to live buried deep somewhere. However one phone call and he felt as if someone had pressed on the erase memory button, his hopes, his trust shattered into millions of pieces.

"I was so damn right about you Miss. Avni. I guess my first opinion was always correct. " he said his tone laced with disappointment, an awful uneasiness crawled upon Avni as she had no Idea of what was going on.

Was this a kind of hoax? Was this someone's plotting against her? But why would someone do that to her? She had never wronged anyone in her entire life. Then why did God test her everytime? Either she was his favourite or he hated her. She always kept her hopes high believing the first option to be true.

"who was that guy? " Neil questioned calmly, but his voice was cold as ice.

"Bhaiyya please stop. Bhabhi has nothing to do with all this. " Ahana appeared behind Avni. This time her voice held confidence, for the first time Ahana spoke up infront of her brother this way. Neil's gaze though softened he looked with Ahana in astonishment.

The surroundings suddenly became calm and stillness pervaded it until Ahana spoke again, "The guy who called is Ranveer, Ranveer Ahuja my boyfriend. "

Neil's mouth opened, but despite trying words didn't come out. His words died before in his mouth itself. He stumbled back and sat on the sofa holding his head and certain memories came flashing infront of his eyes.

Neil lifted his gaze only when he heard Avni screaming, "Ahanaaaa. "

"please don't do that" Avni pleaded Ahana to keep the knife down.

"what the hell Ahana put the knife down dammit. " Avni shouted, however Ahana put the knife on her wrist .

"we shall talk and get solutions. Ahana," Avni muttered. Meanwhile Neil somehow managed to snatch the knife from her hands and threw it away.

"Are you mad? Why were you doing this? You wanted to kill yourself or me? Why are you giving me free Deja Vu of what happened in the past. " Neils voice cracked, tears brimmed his eyes. For the first time Avni saw tears in Neil's eyes.

She had seen rude Neil, arrogant Neil, ignorant Neil, cold Neil, angry Neil however this man who was crying was someone she didn't recognize.

"take care of her. " he whispered his tone low yet audible, he walked into his room. Avni noticed his glistening eyes as he left.

"I'm sorry bhabhi." Ahana held her ears as her vision got teary.

"I'm not a coward, I don't know why I did that. Maybe it was an act of impulsiveness. I just couldnt bear the disappointment in bhaiya tone, the hurt in his eyes because of me. I love him bhabhi. Will he ever forgive me?" Ahana burst into tears, as she hiccuped, Avni pulled her into an hug. She rubbed her back consoling her.

"Promise me that not in impulsiveness not in consciousness would you ever repeat this." Avni said cupping her face.

"Pinky promise"

"Pinky promise bhabhi." Ahana said entangling their pinky fingers when one another.

*********

Avni now walked towards her room, she heard soft hushed puffs of breath accompanied with sniffles. Someone was crying, more like someone was sniveling out of desperation. As she neared the room the crying sounds became louder . She didnt like all this at all, how would she face him that way? She didnt want to go further and see him in that condition, but he needed her and this thought overtook all others.

"Jheel." Avni heard him murmur.

"My love , please forgive me." Avni heard again standing by the door, she felt a sharp pain in her chest .

My love? Neil loved someone else? She knew a heartbreak would most definitely come her way, but this soon?

Gaining courage and mentally preparing herself she finally walked into the room. The site pricked her.

The bossy man she'd known was sitting so vulnerable, his terrified eyes molten, they had turned red in colour. He held his head sitting on the floor in despair. tears floweddown continuously.

Avni went and sat beside him.

"Neil " she called out in a slow voice.

What he did was something she least expected. He pulled her into a needy hug.

Neil's pov

I dont know what I was doing why I was doing, I just did it. It was as if my consciousness had stopped working . But yes, As soon as I hugged Miss. Avni I felt all my waking life worries had begun to dwindle into ashes. I felt eternal peace in her embrace, the peace that I've been looking for since the past ten years,finally flows through my body. It felt as if finally my spirit was dwelling in peace, I'd thought I would reach this place only after tasting death.

Miss. Avni's embrace was like magic. I hugged her harder, drenching her kurti with my tears, but then I cared less. I felt If I left her, she would vanish in the thin air, I couldnt afford this. It was like something unique had happened to me like never before, I felt as if I'd slipped into a cool ocean. I felt light, the heaviness that i forever carried in my heart was going away as i cried.

************

Still in the embrace, Avni saw a bottle of alchohol rolling by.

He was drunk.

The next chapter is very important 😂🥺🤙Something like "Maha Khulasa" you can say.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter?

And who do you think is Jheel?

Also I'm sorry I couldnt give replies to so many comments yet, but I surely will. Actually instead of replying to the comments, I sit and write the update🥺🥺. But I do love and appreciate them. I've read each and every comment, and I've replied in my head also. Soon I will pakka.

Thank You

Heer❤✨