Part 3

"Avni is my wife. You think of laying your hands on her and you go back home handicapped." Neil warned Vidyut his voice dangerously cold.

Vidyut who had kept Neil at his Haveli as a chief guest knew what a rich and high standard man Neil was. One phone call and he could be sued. Vidyut looked at him bewildered as he was seated in his jeep.

Avni who had been witnessing the entire scene has become numb, she looked shockingly at Neil. Neil moved towards her and their eyes locked for a moment, she felt her vision getting blurred due to the tears that had formed.
Giving final daggers to Vidyut, Neil grabbed her hands and dragged her with him, he made her sit in his car, then helped his mother into the car. The car drove to the City Hospital.  He got her mother admitted, Avni looked at him with nothing but respect for him in her eyes .

He not only saved her life, her dignity but also her mom and she shall forever remain indebted to him.

Neil walked towards her as they stood outside her mom's hospital ward.

"This marriage was just to save you. It doesnt mean anything to me. As it is their were no mantras, no pundit literally nothing so this marriage makes no sense to me. Whatever I did was just to fulfill my promise made to a mother. Dont keep any expectations from me. I surely wouldn't marry a gold digger like you who didnt hesitate for once before agreeing to marry a man double of her age." He said as he shifted his gaze to the other direction, his eyes not being able to meet hers.

"Our lives shall continue the way it was earlier. Just forget what happened. " he said and without even giving her an opportunity to say something in her defense, he left marching out of the hospital.

For Neil the marriage didnt mean anything he never believed in commitments, but for Avni he became her husband as soon as he filled her hairline with his blood. She became his "Ardhangini" though he never accepted.

Avni with her mother shifted to mumbai, so that she could get her mother treated better and find a better job for herself it was then when Destiny again brought her infront of Neil. However now the question stands whether This crossing of paths will cause their crossing of hearts as well?

*********

With the file containing the contract papers in her hands, Avni walked into his office dressed in a fine white salwar suit and silver Jhumkas.

She stood infront of the table with an expressionless face, "I'm ready to sign the contract. "

Neil's expression clearly showed that he had known her reply. "I know you must have read the contract, but there are a few things I would like to make very clear." He said clearing his throat.

"So Miss. Avni, the relationship between you and me shall be that of boss and his employee. Nothing beyond that." He began in a business tone.

"Dont forget that I've hired you. You are just a mere employee, the only difference is that you're my hired bride."

Avni nodded her head in positive as he continued, "The drama shall be continued only till we're around my family and infront of the world. Behind the screen you can do anything you want."

"Just a tiny rule I would like to add on. For these six months you cannot date or see anyone. I know it must be tough for a girl like you but then cant help it. I cant risk my reputation after my name is added on to yours."

"After six months we'll file for a divorce, you will have no right over me or my property, coz obviously I'm hiring you, you shall recieve your payment. "

"And last but not the least, Falling in love is strictly prohibited. Even if you do, it shall be your problem because I am not someone who would fall in love. So be careful. Honestly speaking no one can fall for 'Neil Khanna', but this was just a warning." He said as a smirk adorned his face.

"Anyways, come with me I'll drive you to my house. My mom wants to meet you. Behave properly. " he ordered.

As they walked of his office and sat in his car , Avni thought to herself,  It was just a matter of 6 months. She had to pose as his wife, take her payment and leave. It wasnt very difficult? It was her job, he was her boss, nothing more than that and even if she considered him her husband she knew that this marriage had no destination so she had no Hope's from it. Right now her main tension was whether Neil's mom that is how her mother in law will react.

Avni came out of her chain of thoughts as the car came to a halt. She looked infront of her to find a huge mansion. Outside hung a board "Khanna Mansion" and she knew it was here. The beginning of a new life henceforth for six months , new people, a fake marriage, and a real mother in law to take care of .

She was busy staring at the huge mansion, when Neil got off his car and moved to the other side. He opened her side of the door and forwarded his hand . At first though shocked she kept her hand on his and he led her inside the mansion.

I hope you guys have no questions regarding their marriage and Neil's misunderstanding?🤔

I am overwhelmed with the response you guys have given me! Thanks a ton ya❤✨ Also I appreciate your comments,I'll reply to all of them by tonightttt🙈❤✨

I know the length of the chapters is short because I'm updating as soon as the targets are being met and in this short span I'm not being able to pen much. But yeah frequent updates to come your way❤✨

Target- 100 votes

Thank You!

Heer❤✨