Part 9

Neil's brows furrowed, he clenched his fists, Avni noticed his sudden change in behavior as he looked at the man with immense dislike and hatred!

"How are you bade bhaiya! Wont you introduce me to your lady? I heard you got married,  you didn't even invite your lil bro to your marriage." He moved forward to hug Neil but stopped midway as Neil showed his palm, his eyes red eyes infuriated.

"Dont Veer." Neil muttered almost in a whisper, gritting his teeth rage thriving through his body. Avni coul feel heat radiating from his frame. "I dont want the front page of all newspapers to feature your death news tomorrow. " He susurrated coldly, not even a vestige of sympathy laced in his tone.

Avni looked at him suspiciously as she could sense a whiff of some past issues between the duo.

"Its okay! Nice to meet you bhabhi." He simpered as he walked away, Avni stared at his back for a while. Neil grabbed her hands and began pulling her through the hallway as they scurried outside .

Neil composed himself as they sat in the car. He let out an exasperated sigh. "You alright Mr. Khanna? " Avni asked completely facing him, the rustling of the leaves against each other with the soughing of the wind echoing clearly audible in the background.

He looked at her, his eyes still feverishly red . Nodding in positive he bucked up to start with the journey, he put his hand on the gear. She placed her palm on his hand abruptly and their gazes locked in response swiftly.

Neil looked at her hand on his, then again into her eyes, she realised what she had done. Immediately she removed her hand and gazed downwards and as she brushed her other hand on the one with which she held Neil's. 

For some reason, her holding his hand gave washed away his anger to a huge extent.

"Who was he Mr. Khanna?" She asked diplomatically her eyes still looking downwards .

"Veer." He muttered. "Veer khanna."

Avnis eyeballs widened as she looked at him. He was looking straight way, no expression on his face. "My Mr. Prakash Khanna's son." He said his voice holding a strange rancour, a strange bitterness.

"Prakash khanna that is your dad right Mr. Khanna? And that means that guy was your brother." She said placing her palms on her mouth.

"HE IS NOT MY BROTHER ." He instantly shouted, gazing fiercely into her eyes. The blood in her body chilled, petrified she hugged herself tightly. His gaze softened at this.

"Dont mention about this to anyone at home." He said as he started the journey home. Throughout the journey Avni looked outside the window, surely not being able to look into his direction.

**********

Ahana's room.

"You know when I was a kid, I wanted to go to mars that too sitting on dogs back! My papa use to call me his "gudiya". He told me that the man I marry shall take me to mars" Avni narrated her tale, as both Ahana and Avni giggled at her childhood fantasies.

"I will ask bhaiya to buy a spaceship! Both of you should go to mars for honeymoon." Ahana joked.

"On Honeymoon bhaiyya would be like Do you know what a share is?" She said imitating Neil.

"Ek chutki share ki keemat tum kya jaano Ahana babu"
"How will you know the value of one share Ahana baby"
Avni continued along with it.

"Okay okay that's enough! However khadoos he maybe, he is your brother and my husband.  "

"He is the best brother in the worlddddd!" She exaggerated the word 'world'. "He is my hero."

"Even mine" Avni said in flow, in a whisper. 

"You said something?" Ahana enquired raising her brow.

"No no I didn't say anything. "

"Even mine." She imitated Avni. The showed her tongue to Avni. Avni began picking up cushions and attacked  Ahana with them.

Ahana picked up a pillow in defense. Avni threw away the pillows and began tickling, while Ahana pleaded her to stop amidst her laughter and those tears that had come to her eyes due to the constant laughing.

Avni stopped, as she noticed ahana was in need of breath. "I'm so damn happy bhabhi! Finally I have someone in this house to have fun with, to watch movies with. " she said beaming.

It was suddenly when Ahana's phone began ringing, the screen flashed the picture of a guy. Ahana immediately overturned her mobile . But Avni had seen it. An awkwardness prevailed for a while.

Avni looked at Ahana with a brow raised and arms crossed.

Target- 200 votes😂✌❤

I didn't have much motivation to write, so the chapter is a bit short. If I'm able to pen down I shall update before the target completes😂😂🙈🕺🐒.

Thank You

Heer❤✨