Part 1

Neil sat on his huge chair, with piles of files scattered here and there while he ran his eyes through a particular file. But the file didnt have his undivided attention, something else ran in his mind.

'Either you find yourself a bride in the next 5 days or I'm going to find one of my choice and get you married. Either you are getting married or you are loosing me, the choice is absolutely yours Neil' his mom's voice echoed clearly and distinctly in his ears. The only person on earth infront of whom Neil Khanna could become vulnerable. The only person who could get him to do things he'd never imagined.

He threw the file on his desk and rubbed his forehead, when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" he shouted.

A lady in a nude pink salwar suit, with her left open, entered. "Hello" she chirped. Neil lifted his gaze only to recieve the shock of his life. She looked at him completely frozen, Her heart thumping at a tremendous rate, ready to jump out any moment. She gulped down the saliva which had formed in her throat as she looked into his eyes. She was in need of a job, but never did she know that she would have to face this man again in her life. Who knew out of all companies in such a huge city she would land up into her husband's office for a job interview.

"Do you need an invitation card now? " he asked raising his brow, his tone cold yet calm.

Coming out of her chain of thoughts she moved forward towards his table and stood infront of him fidgeting with her dupatta nervously. Her eyes not meeting his. While he noticed every action, every move made by her.

"sit down" he ordered, his tone absolutely formal and serious. Avni forwarded her file to him, while he rhythmically ran his eyes through her file with absolutely no expression on his face. His expressionless face and no face movements made it all the more difficult for her to predict what was going on his head.

"So Avni Mehta, What made you think that I would hire you? " he asked finally lifting his gaze from the file and looking into hers. Keeping the file aside, he folded his hands curiously waiting for an answer.

"Obviously because you're hiring. " she replied in a slow voice.

"Yeah right! Of course stupid question. Let me put it this way then, people with much more professionalism and higher qualifications had applied for this job but got rejected. In your case you don't have that much qualification nor experience. Why-should-I-hire-you?. " he said breaking the last line into bits and stressing on each word individually.

"I know I lack in terms of qualifications, but I surely have all the other qualities that you would wish for." She said gaining a little bit confidence.

"And what are those? Lemme guess, are you referring to that special quality of yours called deceit." He spitted his words like venom.

She who was looking down all this while, lifted her gaze. Her crystalline eyes penetrated into his hazel brown eyes. She noticed only hate and disappointment in his eyes for her. She wanted to clarify her position infront of him, but what was the use when she knew what she was going to say would sound like lies to his ears. Keeping quiet seemed to be a better option to her right now.

"Loyalty, determination..." she uttered.

"Loyalty! Do you know what Loyalty means? I swear to God I've not seen a girl as big a liar as you."

Avni knew what was coming up, she had enough of his insults so she picked up her file and got up.

"Wait" he ordered.

She turned around and again faced him.

"Some creative insult is left it seems." She spit back .

"I have something for you. Sit down." He actioned her to sit down. Pushing herself back into the chair she rushed her hands through her hair as he produced a file infront of her.

"I thought there is nothing that I have here." She looked at him in utter shock. She opened the file and exclaimed, her voice laced with confusion and shock "Contract Marriage??" She asked her eye balls widening.

"I surely don't have a job for you. But what I have is a deal." He explained.

"What deal?" She asked suspiciously.

"6 months." He sighed.

"I need a wife for 6 months. Not actually a wife, "a perfect bahu". I want a daughter in law for my mom. What you have to do is pose as my wife for the next six months, live in my house with me. That's it and you're given a handsome amount of money. "

"Fulfilling your financial needs shall be my responsibility. " he offered.

"For the world,for my mom you shall be my wife and why not I did fill your hairline and took seven rounds around fire. If that at all was marriage." He exclaimed nonchalantly.

She looked at him as if he was speaking spanish. He was asking him to become his fake wife when she was his real wife.

"Marry me! Sign this contract and become my 'hired bride' " he exclaimed as if he was asking her to play ludo. He was speaking of something as big and auspicious as marriage with such nonchalance in his tone.

"Whaat? Hired bride?" She exclaimed finding it was too much for one day.

He nodded his head in positive. "Read the contract, I give you time till tomorrow 10 am to think and sign the Deal with me"

She got up and began moving out with the file in her hand.

Fake marriage with your real husband. Life sometimes really is a joke, better put it this way , "Life sometimes makes your living no less than a joke."

Target- 70 votes.

Not much noe😂🤔!

As soon as the target is met the next chapter shall be rolled out🐾✨. Do vote and comment,it acts as a fuel💫❤.

Thank You!

Heer✨❤