ᴛʏᴘʜᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴀɪɴ

Start from the beginning

"They're going to use the things you love against you."

That's it. They are using Yui against me. No matter what situation, no matter what outcome, Yui and I will forever be connected. Together, we burn the brightest flame. And that utterly terrifies them.

"Well?" he smirked. "I'm waiting."

I gritted my teeth. "No." I objected.

"Is that so?" His tone was amused which only irritated me more.

I stood tall and defiant. "You think you can control me now? You never could."

He squinted and stared into my eyes noticing the sparks of resilience. He grabbed my wrist and harshly pulled me away from the bookshelf. He smugly smiled and raised the whip. "I guess I'll have to make you then."

The whip cut through the air before it landed on my skin. I grunted and squeezed my eyes shut, trying to keep my sounds to a minimum. The whip left a nasty sting, like a multitude of tiny pin pricks, all set ablaze. I bit my lip at the ones that he repeated in the same spot. As more hits rained down, my knees started trembling, eager to give in. I locked them in place. I'm not going down yet.

The metallic taste of blood soaked through my lips from how hard I was biting down on my bottom lip. My palms were also coated, sticky with blood from digging my fingernails in too deep.

Reiji lifted the whip back into the air and paused. He lowered it back down and went to my side. He grabbed my chin and yanked it to face him. We met each other's eyes before he glanced down at my lips. He slowly leaned in, and I quickly shut my eyes.

He licked the blood that was pooling at my bottom lip, before pressing his lips to mine. I shuddered at the feeling of his cold mouth against mine.

"This," he pulled away. "Is something I could get used to." He contended, removing his grip from my chin and sliding it down to trace the side of my neck. He leaned in close admiring the area before backing away.

"But I want you to ask me for it."

The whip then cracked on the same spot his fingers were just tracing, causing me to grab the area and scream.

"That's more like it." He teased, smiling at my pain. "Scream all you want. Nobody's going to hear you."

"You monster!" I screamed out. The hit on my throat was making it hard to breathe.

He tilted his head to the side and raised his eyebrows. "I am not human. I never was. So why are you expecting me to act like one?" He frowned. "They are weak and naive. Too reliant on emotions."

I rolled my eyes. "Like being a vampire is so much better. Deceit. wrath. manipulation." I retorted.

"You would be lucky to have this gift." he lectured, gritting his teeth.

I scoffed. "You can't call it a gift if it will only bring misery."

He breathed in harshly before dropping the whip. My eyes widened but still stayed alert. Something tells me that this is not the end. He walked back over to the open desk drawer and selected another object. This one was metal and reflected the light.

He approached me with glowing eyes. "You think you can just run that pretty mouth of yours whenever you want?"

His blade pressed against my throat. "Go ahead," I seethed. "Add another ghost to haunt you."

He cornered me, and tilted my chin up to meet his intense gaze. I could barely keep myself upright, the burns of the whip being reignited with every small movement. He pressed forward against me and leaned in close enough to my ear where I could feel his breath.