Chapter 22: Alive

We were all gathered and geared up in black and grey uniforms that were provided by Death. They were all in a variety of styles. They were elegant but made so that we could move in them in action. Taehyung's looked the fanciest, Jungkook's looked the most tactical, it all really matched our vibes.

"We will be working with the strays, there will be a total of 16 of us in one district. You will not leave your partner. We can discuss partners when we meet with the strays. We will be focusing on Busan today." Namjoon said.

"All of Busan?" Jin questioned.

"Ayyy my hometown" Jimin smiled.

"Let's go then." Hoseok opened a portal. The sun was just setting and The Strays arrived at the same time as us.

"How are you guys coping?" Jungkook asked

"It's still hard knowing one of us has faded...we all forgot his name, but his face is still in our heads," Felix said. Wait they forgot....wait...what was his name.

"Wait, when someone fades you forget them completely?" I asked.

"Yeah. Another curse of being grim. You'll always remember how much you loved them and some of the memories will fade, but not all. I wish we could all remember his name." Han said

"Shit dude, I don't plan to fade then," Yoongi said.

"We should start working. I wish we didn't have to spread out like this. I suggest you work with someone you fight well with or someone who has powers that compliment yours."Chan says.

"I'll go with Jimin," Yoongi says.

"I don't argue with that. Here is a map, this is your area. When you lead souls, one of you will help the soul, the other will keep watch for demons." Namjoon explained to the two.

"Yessir" They flew off together.

"The same could go to the rest of you. I'll be taking Jungkook" Namjoon said.

"Alright that's fine, is it alright if I take f/n," Felix asks.

"Yeah go ahead, just consider us as one team." Namjoon smiled.

"Can I join you Taehyung?" Seungmin asked.

"Really? YEAH!" They gave each other a fist bump.

Felix and I were last to collect our areas the other were grouped up.

"You guys stay safe. I explained this to everyone else, but when you are in danger, set your white button to your location and press it when you need us. I made it so that it'll glow when your portal opens. So we could all teleport to that set location if something happens." Namjoon explained.

"Wow Namjoon, that's really cool!" Felix thanks.

"You're location is here" Jungkook points to a location on the map.

"You have your soul book on you right?" Namjoon asked. I pointed to the magic pouch on my belt.

"Right, Hermione's bag." Jungkook smiled, but it turned to serious.

"You better not fade tonight, either of you. I don't want to see you bleeding." Jungkook used his inner voice to say to me. I nodded to him in reassurance. Felix and I fly in our half forms. His form looks like a hummingbird. He was a lot faster than me, but I could keep up. We sat on top of a building, watching as if we were a security camera.

"I'm not sensing anything, I think we have some time to relax before the first soul."

"How do you know for sure?" I asked