The Great Pretender Makoto Edamura X Reader Part 1/3

"Damn it... This bastard Cassaro.", Laurent whispered, while looking into the uneasy face of Edamura.

"What do you mean? Are they after us? ", he asked shaken, quickly watching his surroundings for any suspicious signs.

"Don't be ridiculous. Here at my home, we are safe.", Cynthia huffed annoyed and took a seat next to Laurent. Nevertheless both had an serious expression. Edamura fell silent and knew what they were up to. The nervous looks they gave each other while avoiding his question was enough to put the pieces together, but a sudden noise cut through their heated moment. The sound of Cynthia's mobile phone let the woman jump to her feet and leave the room.

"so they after me? Since when?", Edamura asked out of the blue and avoid Laurent's surprised look. Sighing deeply he took a sip of his drink and came to the young boy's side. It always stunned him how clever this boy was.

"We thought that everything was fine after Eddie Cassaro was catched by the police. Sadly some of his friends recognized your face at the air race competition....", Laurent started and gave him a supporting clap onto his shoulder.

"I couldn't believe it myself that this bastard had really friends. How unfortunate", Laurent joked to light the mood, but failed miserably. Sighing he watched his friend who was deep in thought about his words.

"What is this supposed to mean?", Edamura whispered strained.

"who knows... Kudo contacted us that suspicious men were searching for informations about you at Japan. I think they want some background about you to get money. Don't worry we will make a deal with them so you will be safe. Maybe they want revenge, but money will change their minds. ", Laurent explained calmly, but was interrupted by cursing.

"Don't worry? What are you talking about? I have to go back. Who knows what are they gonna do. I.. I... Have to go now", he shouted and was about to run, but Abby pulled him back by his collar.

"What's the big deal buddy? No one is in danger. Kudo knows how to hide. It's only a problem of how much money they want.", Laurent explained, but was confused about Edamura's frustrated state. He was safe after all. Why acting so desperate?

"They can have all the money. I don't care. You don't understand. If they get informations about my life then I have to go back immediately. There's someone very important to me."

"(Y/N) (L/N)?", Cynthia shot through his outburst and watched his surprised expression amused.

"Don't forget my role as an fbi agent. Edamura Makoto, I know everything about you and i always keep my eyes and mostly ears open for gossip.", she explained and came closer to him.
The look in his eyes. She didn't know this woman yet, but was already jealous of her to have someone who got such a look  of just hearing her name. To think that someone at such a young age was able to find love made her heart sting. But she wanted to help them. She didn't want to see his heartbroken state after hearing that something happened to her. Life was cruel enough. She knew that all too well.

"How? What did you do?", he asked angered, but calmed down after he was hugged by her. Slowly she leaned closer to his ear. A shiver ran down his spine, mostly of fear of this woman.

"Don't worry. I got her before anybody could knock on her door. Right now she is sitting in my private jet and is coming to youuu...", she whispered amused and could feel his body stiffen.

Mouth agape he watched Cynthia and Laurent laughing happily. Stuttering he couldn't believe what he just heard. (Y/N)? The girl which he knew since school, where he also fell for her deeply was coming to him. Back then they were really close, but after his mother died and he became a swindler he only visited her once in awhile or wrote her letters. He felt ashamed about his life and wanted to become a man who deserves her love. Ridicolous thoughts...