Levi x Reader (Attack on Titan)

Homecoming

''God damn it! I had to clean the dining hall two times!'', Eren grumbled, while falling into a seat with a heavy sigh. Oluo and Petra watched their new member amused. ''Don't look at me like that! How are you able to travel with this man without freaking out!'', Eren asked frustrated and threw his cleaning apron into their direction. Petra caught it and laughed. ''It isn't so bad. You just have to keep your things tidy. With the time you will get it, I am sure!'', she said with a supporting smile.

''Petra, you are too kind. It's his own fault. Have you seen the mess after dinner? Eren and the other newbies are eating like pigs. He should learn some manners!", Oluo huffed arrogantly, while checking his clothes if they are looking still decent and perfect.

"Come on! Try to say that again or are you afraid that you gonna bite your tongue? You cheap-copy of Levi.", Eren hissed back in a mocking tone. Oluo was about to complain but was stopped by a death glare from Petra.

"I don't understand him...how could someone be like that all the time. Did he ever smile? Or show emotions? Is he even human?", Eren mumbled frustrated and got their attention.

"Believe it or not, but he could be very emotional.", Oluo spoke amused. Petra nodded and Eren could see the sadness in her eyes. "Just one word or better name. ....(Y/N).", he started and let the recruit's eyes widen for a moment.

"(Y/N) ? Who is that?", Eren asked interested.

Oluo laughed and took a seat next to him. "She is the one and only woman, corporal Levi fall deeply in love. She works at the medical squad. Oh man...what a beauty.", he explained, looking dreamingly.

"So she is his girlfriend?", Eren asked shocked about the fact, that the strongest fighter, the cleaning freak and grumpy little man could have a relationship. His thoughts were interrupted by a laughing Oluo and Petra was also chuckling about his question.
"Yeah i think he is working on that. You already know that our corporal isn't that kind of man that could easily make friends. If (Y/N) is around, you could see what I mean. Last time was priceless. He was so shy and nervous that he couldn't report to her correctly and just stuttered the whole time. He was red like a tomato, because she was dressed in a new outfit.", he spoke while laughing. Petra sat down as well and watched Eren's shocked expression. "If it's about (Y/N), he would always smile...", she spoke calmly.

"You speak about Levi, right?", Eren asked surprised.

The next moment the happy atmosphere changed into a cold one and Eren could feel eyes staring daggers into his back. In an instant he knew who stepped into the scene. Slowly he turned around and was met with the emotionless stare of his corporal who was suddenly standing at the door.

"Why on earth do you believe you are allowed to take a break?", his cold voice hissed into his direction. Eren shivered and watched Levi frightened.

"We...we...we're just talking a bit..", he explained shaken, while thinking of a way to escape punishment. Desperately, his mind was racing, while feeling more and more pressure under Levi's strong glare.

"(Y/N)! We were talking about her!", he blurted out frightened. Levi's eyes widened for a moment and in an instant his angry expression faded.

Silence filled the air and Levi tried to act emotionless like always, but the images which popped up in his mind, didn't let that happen. He wasn't able to see her for a long time now and her name alone made him impatient to see her again. She was the only one that could let him forget the daily terror he had to deal with. Her smile and happy attitude, her caring for the hurt cadets. She was his light in the darkness.

"(Y/N)...? Why?", he asked interested. Eren couldn't believe it that he was able to change the grumpy mood of his corporal and maybe get the chance to escape punishment.