Gabe laughed. "Yeah, okay babe. Don't act like you're not gonna be begging for my —"

"Sir, the French intelligence liaison is here to see you."

"Babe, I'm gonna have to go. I'm going to try and give you a call later. Don't go to sleep. I wanna talk to you."

He wanted to speak to her before he left for the North of the country. Where they knew Ty was being held. This was going to be finished one way or another by close of business tomorrow.

"Okay, Gabe. I love you. Stay safe."

"I love you too, Beautiful. Be good."

The meeting with the French liaison was brief. They were working out what support they could offer in the event that things went left during the rescue raid. They had promised a quick reaction force and a helo. For Gabe it was good enough to greenlight his operation.

"We have new intel that they plan to move Ty tonight. There's new chatter across our networks suggesting there's going to be a big exchange. If we're going to get Ty it needs to be tonight and we need to go now." McCarthy said.

Gabe shared a look at Dan. Her intel had been good so far. It had guided their operations, and they had all been considered successes. Should they trust her one more time with their own lives and that of Ty's? They had no choice.

Gabe turned to the French liaison. "Informez votre commandant que nous devons accélérer cette opération."

"McCarthy, I need you to get us a helo for infil, we won't be quick enough by car."

"Already on it, Captain. I've got an Apache waiting 2 clicks out. We're ready when you are."

"Dan..."

"Let me guess, you're taking Bravo 1 on this?"

Gabe smirked. The adrenaline was starting to pump in his body, he loved the quiet moments before a battle as much as he loved being in it. "Plenty of fun to go round Danny, but this op is mine."

Dan rolled his eyes but grinned back. "Aight man, let's get it."

A further couple of minutes, where everyone got themselves and their equipment ready and they were off. Armed to the teeth and with a million in cash in a duffel bag. It was going to be an interesting mission no matter what happened.

"Has anyone got an iPhone charger?" Gabe asked over the roar of the helicopter rotors.

"Man, you're so whipped." Dan laughed

"You've seen my girl, you would be too." Gabe pointed out and Dan had to concede. "How is this an elite combat helicopter but it can't charge an iPhone?" Gabe asked frustration filling him.

"It's the military man," someone quipped to laughter and they were rising in the air, the force of their upward motion kicking up a tornado of sand below them.

"Did you ever think you'd be spending Christmas Eve in Timbuktu?" Dan asked Gabe when they landed.

Gabe chuckled. "No, but I sure as hell don't want to spend New Year's here."

They were going to wait until people had stopped streaming to the nearby mosque for the late afternoon prayers.

When the narrow streets were emptier they would make their way into the large residential mansion where Ty was being held. They were expecting them, but nothing in the rule book said they had to walk in through the front door.

Gabe gave the hand command for breaching the rear gate. They were inside in a flash, methodically combing the courtyard or any movement.

Two sets of footsteps could be heard. They were quickly eliminated with a silenced slug to the head. Their bodies slid to the ground. Gabe stepped over them, leading two of his team into the house through a window they had broken.