'My roommate's not here.' I told him as if it would explain everything.

'Where's she?'

I shrugged clucking my tongue,' no idea.'

Some more silence.

And then line went dead. Rolling my eyes, I put the cellphone away, this time turning it off so that i wouldn't have to deal with anymore phone calls.

At least I'll have excuse that my cellphone was turned off.

I looked down at the open book for sometime but then pushed my chair back getting off it.

White walls of the room looked too white and...empty.

I decided to turn off the lights so that I wouldn't feel this lonely anymore.

Is she even coming back tonight?

I fancied the possibility of calling her and ask about her plans. But I was too ashamed to talk to her after all that happened.

It would be too selfish of me to tell her to come back just because-

I walked over to the window and looked at the brightly lit windows of the other apartment complexes down the street. The street lights hid the stars of the midnight sky.

Dragging myself away from it, I closed the blinds, ready to force myself to sleep which seemed pretty creepy knowing I was all alone in the apartment.

Hopping on the bed, I covered myself with the blanket.

I couldn't see a thing.

I squinted down at the living room to see any movement of some ghost that might be lurking around.

Turning the lights off was a bad idea!

Before it was too late, I jumped off the bed and grabbed my cellphone turning the flash light on.

After turning a light of kitchen on, I closed the door halfway so that only faint light would be allowed in the living room.

Ghosts don't like lights, right!

Something fumbled somewhere in the distance. I froze in my spot trying to hear clearly. Nothing.

Must be my imagination.

Then a click.

Where is this voice coming from?

Is the ghost tapping on the walls?

Another click.

My head shot up towards the main door.

I went into hyper active state.

Can ghosts read my mind?

And a loud creak.

More like a door opening. On it's own!

That was it for me. I shrieked forgetting my cellphone that fell out of my hand with a thud, probably getting ghost's attention.

I took off in a blur and landed inside my room, quickly clicking the lock shut in place.

My loud breathing could be heard from miles and I tried to quieten it to no avail.

I stayed glued to the door, straining my ears for any kind of creak or sound that would indicate where the footsteps are going.

Wait a second.

Do ghosts make sound of footsteps?

I remember watching movies where you could hear loud thud for each step a ghost takes.