Chapter 32: Happy Valentine's

Start from the beginning

We sat down just a few tables from the front, a clear view of the stage from where I'm sitting on.

Up at the stage, many couples sat as the staff and student body ran around, barking orders at each other.

Masha appeared out of nowhere with her phone out. "Hey, Theo. Athena and Reign are pretty busy with their errands so I wanna update you about the election, is that okay?" She asked.

"Definitely!"

I waited anxiously as she tapped a few buttons on her phone.

After that vandalizing sabotage, I've been in the bottom two for four weeks in a row and I would like some good results now my name is cleared.

She perked up, her face glowing green from the light emitting from her phone "Here it is! So... the fourth placer this week is... Chadley Santoro."

I breathed a sigh of relief, my hand firmly clutching my chest as I waited for her to continue.

"Um. The third place is Shane Harrington. The second place is Rhea Anderson."

My eyes widened same with my eyebrows that's shot up in surprise. "So that means..."

"Congrats, Theo. You're first!"

I hugged her tightly, jumping up and down as I squealed happily.

I pulled away but continued to jump up and down. "That's right, bitches! I rise from the ashes, don't mess with me!"

"Don't get too cocky, Theo." I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned around to see Shane there, a good looking boy on her side, their hands entwined.

"This wouldn't last. You'll be back being a last placer in no time, I'll make sure of it." She smirked at me before walking away, her boyfriend following her obediently.

Poor guy.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before sitting down just beside Cielo and Athena.

"That Shane girl doesn't really stop being annoying, doesn't she?" Athena said, her eyes still on Shane, socializing with other people.

I nodded, my lips in a thin line. "Unfortunately. But I wouldn't let her. She doesn't know what she's talking about, a dumbass."

Cielo's deep chuckle made me look at him. "Good thing you haven't lost your touch at all. That's my favorite thing about you."

I scrunched my face at him, slapping his arm lightly. "Thanks! I don't think that fierceness will be leaving me. That's gonna be my weapon."

"Hi, Theo! You look so nice." I heard Rex, one of my classmates compliment me.

"Thanks, you too!"

"Willshire! Long time no see!" I heard Sean greet.

I stood up and gave him a brief hug. "Hello to you two! Belle, are you keeping an eye at this boy here?" I said, ruffling Sean's hair.

Belle laughed wholeheartedly. "Of course! I always keep an eye on him for you."

We all shared a laugh, talking for a bit before I bid them goodbye. I sat back down when a few elementary friends of mine waved from across the room to which I returned with a smile.

"Hey, Mr. Popular." Mal teased.

"Oh shush, I know all of them anyway."

Mr. Martinez stepped up to the mic, tapping it a few times before smiling at the audience. "Alright. Hello boys and gals. I'm excited to announce the start of our event for tonight! Couples will be battling out whether their love is strong enough or if they know each other well enough. They'll be going through the 'Quiz of love'!"