Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

I shake off all my feelings and look at my work schedule. Only two more clients. Then look at my calender on my phone. Crap, Daniel still has that hockey game.

I punch in Daniels number.

"Hello?" I hear Daniel's voice through my phone.

"Hey Daniel, I won't be able to make it to the game tonight at your house. I'm swamped with work stuff." I tell him.

"Seriously Leah? Whatever, I'll seen you soon then," He says.

"Sorry, goodbye," I hang up the phone.

I put my phone down as Jess knocks on my door.

"Hey, Mr. Peter is here," She tells me.

****

I look at the clock on my wall 7:23.  Looks like I finished all the paperwork so I minus well head out. 

I grab all of my belongings and lock my office door.

Jessica already left so I close up her desk.  I walk to my car  and drive home to my apartment.

Walking up the stairs to my apartment, my phone buzzes.

"You are missing a great game" Daniel texts me.

"I bet I am," I leave it at that and shut my phone off.

I ditch my coat and my purse  on a near by chair the walk into my bedroom to get my pajamas. I get changed and then grab a banana from the kitchen.

Walking over to the TV stand I pick out a movie and decide to put "What to Expect When You're Expecting" in the DVD player.

The movie is coming close to end so I get up and head to the bathroom. I shut the door and I hear my phone going off. I race out to my phone.

Who would be calling me at 10:00 at night? I dig my phone out and that an unknown number is calling me.

"Hello?" I ask suspiciously.

"Leah? It is Jonathan,"

"Um, hey," How did he get my number?

"I was wondering if you wanted to go get a drink with me?" He asks.

"Sure but I'm in my pajamas so I'm gonna have to change," I inform him. Jonathan chuckles at what I just said.

"Great I'll pick you up!" He says.

"See you then," I reply.

I hang up the phone and walk to the bathroom. As soon as I shut the door my phone goes off again.

"Again?" I say out loud.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey, Leah where do you live?" Jonathan asks. I start cracking up.

"I'll text you my address," I tell him.

"Thanks, bye," He says.

"Bye," I say and put the phone down.

I walk to the bathroom. Hopefully third time is the charm.

Walking back to my purse I text my address to Jonathan. I walk to my closet and look through the clothes I have.

I pick out dark skinny jeans, a chunky beige sweater and some riding boot. I don't know what to do with my hair so I through it up into a messy bun.  I go to my vanity and apply some make up.

A knock on the door is sounded thoughout the apartment. I walk over and answer the door.

"Hey Jonathan," I say.

"Hey," Is all he says.

"Just give me a minute, I have to grab my purse and get my coat," I inform him.

"Go a head," Jonathan tells me.

I race around my apartment getting the items I need.

"Okay I'm ready," I tell him.

Together we walk out of the building and walk to Jonathan's car. We get inside the car and Jonathan starts it up.

"So I was thinking a place on Michigan Ave." He tells me.

"Sounds good," I reply.

The car ride is silent the whole way. It was bad. I just kept looking out the window the whole ride.

"Here we are," Jonathan days parallel parking the car.

"The Gage?" I ask.

"Yep, one of the best bars in Chicago!" He says.

We get out of the car and head to the door. Jonathan holds the door open for me as I walk in. He leads me the bar counter. Behind the counter there is this huge self mounted on the wall full of every type of liquor you could imagine.

I take a seat on the stool and Jonathan does the same thing.

"What would you like?" The bartender asks us.

"I'm gonna have a guinness."I tell the bartender.

She looks over at Jonathan.

"Um, I'll have a summer shanty," He tells her.

The lady nods her head and walks away to receive our drinks.

"So you're a summer shanty boy?" I ask playfully.

Jonathan chuckles,"I am, how are you not?"

"Because the Irish make a damn good Guinness beer," I laugh at trying to defend my choice of beer.

A minute later the bartender comes back with our beers.

"Thank you," I smile.

The lady smiles back and walk away.

I take a sip of my drink.

"Mines pretty good, what about you?" I ask Jonathan.

"Tastes good, tastes good," He says.

For a while we just sit and drink. No talking. No glances at each other. Nothing. Just the drinking of our beers.

"Hey Leah look," Jonathan says nudging my arm, "They are setting  up for karaoke!"

I glance over where a group of people are all standing by a mic.

"You should do it"