He chuckles. "Why?"

Thankfully, Mrs. Wools comes to the rescue before I have to answer his question. "Class, quit the chit chat. Get to work on your review packets. I will make you work on this review packet alone if you can't be quiet."

Students nod their heads as I point to a problem with my pen. "What do you think about this one?"

Axel looks at the question and then me. His lips slightly part, like he wants to say something. He closes his mouth and shakes his head, focusing on the problem in front of us.

*****

Friday finally comes and it's Hudson's and Jaden's official last day of senior year. They each have to take one final and then they're free to go. Thankfully, Hudson gave me the keys to the car today and opted to ride with Jaden since they'll be leaving after an hour and a half into school. Perks of only having one final today.

By the time I leave school, the clouds have darkened, threatening to rain at any moment. I pull up to the curb and put the car in park. My mom and dad still aren't home and I don't see Jaden's car either.

Sure enough, I unlock the front door and no one is inside. I decide to go ahead and change into an oversized crewneck and loose shorts, washing my makeup off after. Once I'm back in the living room, I turn on the TV to watch a movie.

I make it ten minutes into the movie before I fall asleep.

Some time later, the end of the couch dips, causing me to wake up from my half-asleep state. I rub my eyes, trying to get rid of the grogginess, and see Hudson sitting there with a water bottle in his hand and his arm resting on the armrest.

He looks at me and holds the water out to me. "Want some?"

I nod my head, it'll probably help me wake up. My hand reaches for the bottle, but ice-cold water splashes in my face, jerking me wide awake. "Hudson! I'm going to kill you!"

He jumps off the couch and I follow him but my legs get caught in a blanket, causing me to fall face first into the carpet.

Weird.

I don't remember gabbing a blanket.

"She's awake now," Hudson says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I push myself up, finding Jaden, Hudson, and Axel standing there laughing at me.

Hudson walks over and crouches in front of me, knocking his fist against my head. "Did that fall hurt your brain?"

Scowling, I try to push his arm away from me but he grabs my other arm holding me up, yanking it out from underneath me. Again, my face meets the carpet. Ouch.

"Oh wait, I forgot you had slow reflexes."

I try to scramble out of the blanket, but before I can, Jaden tosses my pink Vans at me. I look at him confused.

"Put your shoes on. We're going to the store."

"Why?"

"Hudson and Axel don't want to go and I don't want to go to the store alone," Jaden says, rolling his eyes.

I do as told and work on putting my shoes on. "Why are we going to the store?"

"Grabbing some snacks." Jaden pulls his car keys from his pocket and spins them around his finger, waiting for me.

"Several guys from the basketball team are coming, so we need food," Hudson says, finishing the answer.

Axel walks over to me after I finish tying my shoe, offering me a hand. I take it and he pulls me up. As he does, I see Hudson and Jaden share a look.