30 | Bye

"Vienna."

All I do is stare at the wall.

The hum of the mini fridge fills the silence in the small trailer, which I'm guessing is the office for the security guards. The sign on the door says authorized personnel only.

The feeling of betrayal is a tough one to swallow. I've never felt this way. It's like a heavy and empty hole is inside of me, mocking me for trusting Axel.

I always had a slight feeling that something was off. The way he always reacted when Seth or Landon were near me, talking to me, or interacting with us. I don't know how I didn't see it until now.

Until my heart was ripped out and stomped on.

Am I being dramatic? Yes, but I'm trying to deal with my feeling right now.

I don't understand why the three of them think it's okay to mess with me like that. What did I do to deserve becoming a bet?

Am I not pretty enough of a girl? Am I weird? I know I am, but does that deserve for me to be made into a bet?

"Vienna," Jared says again, gently touching my shoulder.

I lift my head and look over my shoulder to see him looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed. His look of anger that's usually directed at me is gone. It's replaced by a look of worry.

The emotion he's showing me makes me want to cry all over again, but I don't want to. I know my face probably looks blotchy and swollen from the crying I have already done.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Are you okay? I overheard what those boys did to you."

After finding out about the bet, Jared had told me to go with him. At first I thought it was because I'd smashed the ice cream over Axel's head and I was getting in trouble for it. Now I feel like Jared's just trying to help me.

By telling me to go with him, I didn't have to face the crowd, Seth, Landon, or Axel. Which I'm grateful for.

"I'll be okay."

Eventually.

His face scrunches up, telling me that he doesn't believe what I said. He settles down in the chair across from mine. "Is there anything I can do?"

I shake my head no.

"I can call Elea and have her come get you?"

"No."

The last thing I want is for my best friends to find out. At least for tonight. If my friends find out, that means Hudson will find out. When Hudson finds out, he's going to beat the crap out of Axel, Landon, and Seth.

Jared's silent as he watches me.

"Is there anything else?" I ask, confused why he hasn't said anything about me causing trouble.

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't I in trouble?"

He places his fist against his mouth and chuckles. "No, Vienna. I was trying to help you out. You're free to go whenever you want."

I nod my head and stand up, scooting the chair back with my legs. "Thank you." My hand is on the doorknob when he calls my name, making me turn around to look at him. "Yes?"

"I know what those boys did to you wasn't right, but I can tell they all care about you."

I snort. "How do you know?"

He gives me a half smile. "I don't think you noticed since you're hurting, but you should've seen their faces. They know they messed up Vienna, you could see it on all three of their faces."