♔ ♔ ♔

Two of my three days off had already gone by, as fast as the lightning and the third day had already begun. I had managed to get most of the files Nico wanted but there was one file missing, the one file which would solve everything.

I walk past the security of the police department's headquarters, walking towards the reception to know where I could find the chief of police who is also my dad's brother.

I stand in front of the receptionist and he greets me with a smile, "How can I help you, Miss?"

I lower my shades and feign a smile, "I want to meet the chief of police."

He frowns at me, "I'm afraid I can't help you with that. He's a busy man and you need to book an appointment which is hard to-."

"I'm his niece."

And that was all it took for him to shut his mouth, widening his eyes at me.

"Saint Laurent?" He mutters my surname, glancing into my grey eyes.

"Pretty sure that's my legal surname," I smile at him.

"Just give me a minute. I'll find someone to take you up to the Chief's office," he glances at me one last time before calling someone on the telephone. He talks for a few seconds before he ends the call.

"He will lead you up to the Chief's office," the receptionist points to a man standing not too far away from me.

"Thank you," I smile at him, "I'll make sure to talk to my uncle about you. What's your name?"

"Ruben. Ruben Garcia," he smiles at me and I nod at him, "Thank you, Miss Saint Laurent."

I turn around and start following the man, soon entering the elevator. Once reach the highest floor, we walk out and he stops once we reach in front of a narrow hallway.

"I can only drop you till here, Miss. You just need to walk across the hallway and you'll see the Chief's office," he gives me a curt nod before walking away.

I start walking towards the long, narrow hallway, wondering why the hell this hallway was this long.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and I dig into to pocket to check who was calling.

Elijah freaking Winchester was calling me again. He still didn't get the clue that I don't have the time to answer his calls and texts. For the past two days, he's been texting and calling me but I didn't have the time and energy to reply back due to this big mess.

I am on the verge of opening his texts when someone bumps into me, forcing me to drop my phone on the ground.

I glance down to see a blonde woman collecting all her files which she had dropped on the floor.

I arch my eyebrow at her, thinking what the hell she was doing here since she clearly didn't look like she worked here. But nevertheless, I bend down to pick up my phone.

"No, it's fine. I can manage to pick up these files on my own," she mutters, quickly snatching the papers which were around me.

I was only reaching out to grab my phone, not her files but oh well, at least she thinks that I'm a nice soul.

It's rare for people to think that since most of the people I've met have labelled me as their local devil.

I glance at her face again, trying to remember that familiar face. Her Chanel two-piece and that jewellery collection on her was definitely something the wives of upper-classmen would wear.