As much as she maybe didn't realize the mate bond, it's still having an effect on her. I can hear her heart race every time I get close and she's no longer afraid of me. The way her body reacted when I whispered in her ear was unmistakable.

I almost skipped the club; I've never been particularly fond of the crowded, loud atmosphere. I also wasn't looking forward to seeing Jace and Jude all up on my mate while she ignored me, but eventually, Cyrus won and I made my way over.

Even in that crowd, I picked up her scent instantly. I growled seeing how close Jude was dancing with her. He must have heard as he turned to look at me and stepped back from her.

I couldn't help myself when I saw her swaying to the music. I moved in closer than need be, saying hi to the group; wolves have excellent hearing, even in all that noise they could hear me from twenty feet away.

When she tried to run from me again it hurt, but I had expected it to an extent. When I finally got her dancing again, it became hard to control myself. All I wanted to do was grab her and claim her in every way but I knew she'd run if I didn't take it slow.

We danced for quite a while. At first, I was content to just hold her hips and move her to the beat, but it didn't last. I wanted more, so I pulled her tighter against me. Her scent was intoxicating. The contact set my skin on fire even through our clothes. I know she felt something too as she melted in my arms. We danced like that for what felt like forever while the rest of our group went back to the booth, leaving us alone.

I couldn't help myself, I wrapped my arms around her and dropped my head to the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply and savouring her scent. Her body responded perfectly, melting against me and tilting her head, exposing her neck to me fully.

When my lips grazed the spot that would bare my mark when I claim her, Cyrus was howling in pure pleasure. I was disappointed when she said she needed to sit down, not wanting this to end, but I could see her exhaustion.

She probably would have been fine at home–she wasn't that drunk, but I wanted her here with me. When I sat her on the bed and she looked up through those dark lashes with her honey brown eyes, it was hard to resist crawling into bed with her. I know she wouldn't have appreciated waking up next to me, at least not yet.

The look she gave me when she came out after changing almost made me change my mind. Drunk Jess didn't have nearly as many walls, her eyes were easier to read and she was much more receptive.

But it's sober Jess I need to win over.

-----

Soft whimpers wake me up as Jess tosses and turns in my bed. Sitting up, I furrow my brows, taking in the soft noises coming from her as she's deep in sleep.

Is she having another nightmare?

I frown and walk over to the side of the bed. The moonlight streaming in the window paints her in stunning soft light. I step on something and realize they are her sweatpants; she must have discarded them after crawling into bed.

She has kicked the blankets mostly off, exposing one of her bare, creamy legs. She's now only wearing my black tank top and lacy black cheeky panties. My breath hitches and my pants are feeling a bit snug now.

Slowly, my eyes travel up her body. She's sleeping on her stomach and her long brown hair cascades wildly around her. As I carefully brush the hair away from her face, she lets out a soft sigh and leans towards my touch. Her sleeping form is so soft and relaxed, she looks so peaceful.

Travelling back down, my eyes linger at the swell of her breast peeking out the side of the tank top. My gaze continues down and stops on her voluptuous ass. In her tossing and turning, the shirt has ridden up slightly exposing the delicate black lace of her underwear as it hugs the curves of her beautiful behind.