Chapter 6 - Simple Distortion

The dusty human air brushed the hair back from my face, and I lifted my heavy eyelids to reveal a dusty tarmac road. Tall buildings were disguised by sandy mist that was blowing back my tail in the wind. I curved my dark ears back, and tilted my head to create a small curtain of hair over my face. Shielding my eyes from the sandy wind as it bolted towards me, I felt grit in my teeth from the whipping air stream. I forced my legs to pound through the annoying weather.

It was like this everywhere. Wherever a Demon was, the weather would be bad. There would be rain and wind, and thunderstorms storms when you’re angry.

 Wherever an angel was it would be sunny, warm, with drowsy wind.  But when a Demon and an Angel met, well… Who knows what the weather would do…

I had to squint to see through the blurry air, but even that wasn't enough to help me see where I was going.

The mist around me was getting lighter suddenly, and there was a strange whirring sound from behind me…

I jumped into the trees just as a tall lorry whizzed by with a loud beep of its horn.

Freaking humans.

This place was so clean the last time I was here. The sky was a lot brighter back then.

"Hey!" A squeaky voice called from behind me. Irritation washed through me as I turned to face it.

"What the hell do you want!?" I yelled at him.

My small Demon brother walked right up to me.

"I just wanted to..." He said sweetly, pausing to looking up at me. Then with the blink of an eye he stamped down sharply and quickly on my toes and ran of into the distance yelling, “See you fail!"

I chased after him, following the slight swish of his tail in the distance. I froze as Ace’s figure vanished.

Goosebumps rose in my skin as the sun lightly brushed over it. The wind stopped, letting my hair drop lightly over my face. Everything was still.

"Stupid weather..." I muttered, watching the dark clouds float overhead.