Help

Fang fidgeted with the sharp end of the paper of a book, obviously beyond bored. He had read that God forsaken book for the third time now, too lazy to read another from the shelf full of books.

There was a knock on the door of his room. Finally taking his eyes off the book, he didn't move from the comfortable armchair Kaizo always sat on when he visited him. " It's open, " came his short reply. The doorknob turned and in came Yaya holding a plate of GOOD cookies.

" Fang, " she sighed. " You didn't move from your spot 20 minutes ago. Ying told you to go take a shower 10 ago. "

Fang hummed in response, flipping the page to the next. " I figured Gopal would beat me to it anyway so I thought to just leave him to it. "

Yaya pouted as she closed the door. " You know you wouldn't let him and you would speed the hell out whenever you heard him running towards the bathroom. You would never back down, Fang. "

She approached him and put the plate of cookies down on the coffee table next to them. She took a gentle seat on the other armchair across from the shadow Mage, enabling her to get a good view of him. " You miss them, don't you? "

At this question, Fang looked away from his book once more to look at her. He sighed, sitting upright on the armchair and put away the book on the coffee table. " It's that obvious, huh? "

Yaya smiled sweetly, sitting politely with her hands on top of each other. Fang took this as an answer, and sighed once more. He ruffled his raven hair. " Ah, I've been such a mess. What's wrong with me? " he complained about himself. He groaned.

" Ever since they left, I've been so odd lately. It's so weird not hearing their voices everyday... "

Yaya nodded. " I agree. It's been a weird experience since we have been together since we were little kids, " she agreed.

Fang groaned into his hand that covered his face. His finger tapped on his forehead as an instinct and habit. " It's just... So weird not hearing Leaf yelling at Solar to go get a shower and not read books all day.. And the twins just cutting each other off and finishing each other's sentences.. Especially inviting Thunder, Cyclone and Quake over almost every night for dinner and a chat.. It just feels so empty without that lively atmosphere... "

Yaya swore Fang stopped breathing for a second. " I miss brother barging into my room without permit too.... " his voice was just a whisper. Yaya kept a soft smile for him. She handed him a cookie, making him remove his hand and stare at it and at her.

" Then I guess we should appreciate their presence even more when they return, " she said through her smile.

Fang was still for a moment, but accepted the cookie and shyly ranted on how good it is. They focused on more cheerful topics starting from there. There were a few one-sided conversations here and there, but it was mostly because the other just wanted to keep quiet and listen while their friend spoke their worries and thoughts.

Then it clicked. " Have you kept the connection of your magic energy tied with Thunder and the others'? " Yaya asked as she munched on a cookie.

Fang shook his head, taking a sip of tea. " The connection between my magic energy and theirs isn't strong enough to be tied together permanently yet. But I can feel Kaizo's. Cause he's my brother and all, but I rarely check on it. "

The Curse Since BirthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara