The Caster

The hooded figure stood at the gates of Latorai under the sudden rainstorm. The six little brothers knew. It was so obvious. His magic aura said it all. He was evil.

Acting as the third oldest brother in command, Quake moved in front of his brothers to protect them. His arms spread out to act as a shield to prevent any movement from his brothers. This time, he wasn't the shy Quake people knew.

" State your purpose! Who are you! " he shouted, ordering the hooded man. He knew, he shouldn't be shouting at a random man without any evidence, but like they had established, his magic energy said it all.

When the man didn't answer, Quake clenched his fists. " You can't hide anything! We know your intentions! "

After an eerie silence, their eyes unexpectedly widened when they heard a soft, but suspicious chuckle coming from the man. At that entrance alone, the twins' hands were already in a form to summon their weapons.

They didn't know that Thunder was conscious. The healing rune spell Leaf casted on him was surprisingly doing some wonders to his immune system. He, too, saw the hooded figure there. He, too, sensed his evil magic aura and intentions. He, too, was on guard.

Though it was barely audible with the sound of the pouring rain, they could still hear the man talking. As instinct, Solar casted a better hearing spell on them, including Thunder.

" Ah, what a beautiful sight. My pretty victim is doing well... "

And that was it. To say that their eyes were wide was an understatement. Before they could do anything, the man pulled his coat over himself and a dark wave of smoke came rushing from his being.

Upon seeing this dark magic, Thunder suddenly regained the strength to jump in front of his brothers in attempts to protect them, but the wave of magic stopped just an inch away from his body.

Then there was once again silence apart from the rain. Everyone was left even more frightened and even more confused. Who was that man? Why was he there? Where did he go? They needed answers, but clearly no one knew.

The adrenaline escaped from Thunder very quickly and once again he was falling on all fours, on the verge of actually passing out this time. Before his head hit the ground, arms were around his chest, holding him up.

" We need to get him back to the palace! " was the last thing he heard before fully succumbing to the world of darkness.

..............

" Thundy-ah... You need to eat... "

Thunder was unfortunately knocked all the way out the moment he passed out in Cyclone's arms the night before. He had also developed a small fever from being under the rain with his weak immune system. But, thankfully it broke before the dawn of the next day.

He had regained consciousness at the early hours of that day, which was a sweet relief for all of them. But....

" Thunder, you should really eat your breakfast... "

Thunder was unresponsive for most of the times they communicated with him. For reasons they didn't know but desperately needed to know, he wasn't answering them and wasn't engaging in any conversations.